We are seeking an Electrical Engineer with a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related Engineering field and at least 6 years of relevant experience. In this challenging, fast-paced environment, you'll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to design and create the most groundbreaking aerospace and defense technologies - those that exist today and those that will shape tomorrow.
What to look forward to:
As an Electrical Engineer, you will be using your skills and expertise to design influential and life-changing products such as electrical components, equipment, software systems, networks, and more. You'll be responsible for conceptualizing and delivering difficult and complex electrical component and system designs. Your technical responsibilities during planning, organizing, and conducting projects involves the design and development of new products and processes.
At SNC’s ISR, Aviation and Security (IAS) team we are a leading manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for high-performance intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, and aviation systems. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations and provide a turnkey approach to enable our customers to focus on their mission. Learn more about IAS
Electrical engineers at SNC research, design, develop, test, certify, deploy and support cutting edge products & services. These cover a very wide range from state of the art mission payloads and electronic systems through highly integrated aircraft to orbital and space exploration systems. You'll be responsible for conceptualizing and designing analog and digital electronic circuit card assemblies to fully integrated systems. Your technical responsibilities involve the design and development of new products and processes throughout the product lifecycle.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related Engineering discipline and typically 6 or more years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Experience with Computer Aided Engineering tools
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary design & development teams
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance required
- Proficiency in simulations through functional and logical models and system analysis
- Background in the Aerospace and Defense Industry
- Experience composing and analyzing Electrical Load Analysis (ELA), circuit modeling, simulation and analysis
- Familiarity with design requirements related to High Intensity Radiated Field (HIRF) and Indirect Effects of Lightening (IEL)
- Knowledge of industry standard electrical design principles, to include, but not limited to model-based definition, electrical component selection, manufacturing and production processes
- Familiar with Electro Magnetic Effects (EME) to include, Electro Magnetic Compatibility (EMC) and Electro Magnetic Interference (EMI)
- Experience in digital or analog circuit design and schematic capture
- Understanding of the printed circuit board layout process and tools
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.