Capgemini Government Solutions (CGS) LLC is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual for a Federal Account Manager role to join our team in Washington DC area. The Federal Account Manager is a multifaceted role working in collaboration with other teams across the business to support our government clients.
As a Federal Account Manager your responsibilities will be:
- Create, manage, and own account plans and activities to earn business with DHS and DOJ agencies
- Manage pipeline and capture of opportunities to meet DHS and DOJ account business and market goals
- Leverage Capgemini's broad range of functional capabilities to build and deliver a diversified business solution
- Execute end-to-end proposal process for all color-team reviews and pricing build-up for responses; actively research, contribute, and write proposal content
- Engage with Capgemini global team (200,000 worldwide) to build relationships and leverage commercial efforts in Aerospace to expand cleared and sensitive support with commercial clients
- Support portfolio of projects within your account to deliver quality services, grow quality staff, and maintain quality client relationships
- Lead revenue expansion within existing project work
- Leverage project team expertise in the business development cycle to gather on-the-ground market intelligence and support the goal of expanding current work and adding new work within the account structure
- Actively meet with technology partners, small businesses and other industry partners for successful team formations
- Brief executive clients on Capgemini domain experience and capabilities
- Act as SME or Project Delivery Manager for technology-based projects.
- U.S. citizenship
- B.S. degree or higher
- At least5-10 years experience in Federal market
- At least 3-4 years direct experience serving as an Account Manager(e.g., USDA, GSA, HHS)
- Direct experience with digital transformation, cloud, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, and advanced analytics, service offerings.
- Detailed knowledge of end-to-end capture process, proposal process, and delivery lifecycle, experienced with personally writing to multiple response types (e.g., vehicles, task orders, prime, sub)
- Proven leadership and experience in executing account and capture plans to gain new business
- Experience delivering projects and managing a portfolio of $10M+ per year of annual revenue
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; expertise in setting and managing customer expectations, to include executive-level clients
- Experience managing P&L, leading and guiding teams for both business development and project delivery working with technology-based projects
- Experience interacting with and presenting to federal SES level leadership
- Knowledge of modern technology platforms such as Salesforce, ServiceNow, Mulesoft, MS Azure, AWS, Tableau, PowerBI\u0026hellip; AI, Cloud, Analytics etc.
- MBA or Master's degree
- Background in a consulting or managing government accounts for a small business
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a team-based environment
- Experience providing work leadership to lower level employees
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of client's opportunities in the evolving world of cloud and digital platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. Capgemini Government Solutions, LLC (Capgemini GS) is a subsidiary of Capgemini focused on providing high quality services to the U.S. Federal Government. Learn more about us atwww.capgemini-gs.com.
Capgemini has an entrepreneurial environment that embodies the following values: Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Freedom, Team Spirit, Modesty, and Fun. We offer a competitive benefits package to our employees.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)