Who we are
At Cantel, preventing infection is our business. As a leading provider of infection prevention products and services in the healthcare market, we are dedicated to delivering high-quality, innovative solutions that improve outcomes and help save lives. We accomplish this mission by delivering our products through the following operating units:
Medical: Endoscopy procedure disposables include single-use valves and irrigation tubing. The medical device reprocessing systems, disinfectants, detergents we manufacture and distribute are used to disinfect high-level endoscopes.
Life Sciences: Water purification systems for dialysis facilities. We work with leading dialysis caregivers, delivering hemodialysis dialyzers and reprocessing systems, as well as sterilants and filtration products.
Dental: Single-use, infection prevention products used primarily in the dental market (face masks, sterilization pouches, towels and bibs, tray covers, saliva ejectors, germicidal wipes, plastic cups and disinfectants).
Cantel employees are inspired to improve the lives of patients, caregivers and healthcare providers. If you are looking for a company driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and have the passion to shape the future of infection prevention, we want to meet you. Join us and see why people love working here.
About the role
This position will be responsible for servicing and troubleshooting water treatment equipment (Reverse Osmosis and Lab Equipment), exchanging service deionization tanks and completing necessary paperwork. Responsibilities include electrical and mechanical testing, troubleshooting and repairs, system cleaning, disinfection, calibrations and other required services.
What you will do
- Respond to non-routine “call outs” for tank exchanges and basic service in a timely and proactive manner.
- Maintenance of accurate records and communication of all data on customer sites.
- Prepare and submit to customer and management “service” reports detailing maintenance performed and equipment / application status.
- Complete equipment troubleshooting, maintenance and service activity runs to ensure system performance.
- Sample collection at customer sites and analytical chemistry tests specific to each site.
- Provide basic technical assistance to maximize equipment systems and application benefits to customer.
- Maintain and manage basic routine spare parts inventory.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we are looking for
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 4-6 years of industry experience
- Bachelor’s, Associates or Technical Degree preferred
- Knowledge of water chemistry and water treatment equipment
- Intermediate level mechanical and electrical skills
- Ability to complete plumbing tasks including working with Sched 80 PVC per MCP workmanship standards
- Ability to complete basic electrical tasks including work with high and low voltage electrical per MCP Workmanship Standards
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Ability to read, understand and follow Quality System documentation
- Basic computer skills required including basic proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of ISO 14971 – Risk Management for Medical Devices – and how this standard applies to the service and installation personnel
- Clean driving record – depending on territory, travel miles may be in excess of 40,000/year
- Ability to work a variety of schedules including nights, weekends and holidays, and the ability to take assignments on short notice
- Must demonstrate ability to distinguish between colours
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs unassisted
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical