About KB Home
KB Home (NYSE: KBH) is one of the largest and most recognized homebuilders in the United States and has been building quality homes for over 60 years. Today, KB Home operates in 38 markets across eight states, serving a wide array of buyer groups. What sets us apart is giving our customers the ability to personalize their homes from homesites and floor plans to cabinets and countertops, at a price that fits their needs. And as the first builder ever to make every home we build ENERGY STAR® certified, KB Home is able to not only design thoughtful living spaces but ones that lower the cost of homeownership. We also work with our customers every step of the way, building strong personal relationships so they have a real partner in the homebuying process and the experience is as simple and easy as possible. Learn more about how we build homes built on relationships by visiting kbhome.com.
JOB SUMMARY: The Finance and Accounting Analyst compiles reports, analyzes financial and operational data, assists in management of land development budgets and participates in the preparation of business plans and forecasts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparing Financial and Operational Reports, Forecasts and Analyses
- Internal weekly/monthly/quarterly reports and variance analyses
- Quarterly, Annual and 3-Year Business Plans/Forecasts/Flashes
- Land Development Budgeting and Cost Accounting
- Maintain land development budgets
- Accounting and Administrative Functions, including:
- Maintaining summary-level house gross margin projections, by floorplan
- Processing/coding certainSG&A costs
- Review coding prepared by other department managers
- Processing miscellaneous cash receipts
- Review documentation and coding of employee expense reports
- SarbanesOxley compliance and information requests from corporate and centralized accounting
- Month/Quarter-end SOX compliance checklist
- Other Duties and Responsibilities as Assigned
- BS in Accounting or Finance required. Finance degree must include basic and intermediate accounting.
- Prior experience in Finance/Accounting role preferred but not essential
- Prior experience in single-family-for-sale homebuilding preferred but not essential
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Microsoft Office expertise
- Excel proficiency required
- Proven financial and accounting analysis skills
- Strong organizational capability, including ability to multi-task
- Familiarity with ERP software systems, JD Edwards preferred
- Understanding of database software, e.g., Microsoft Access, a plus
- Detail oriented, emphasizing accuracy, with easy-to-understand presentations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Excellent interpersonal communication aptitude, with demonstrated ability to work well within a team setting
- Customer service orientation, internal and external
- Must work 8-hour days (during core business hours) with flexibility for longer hours as needed.
- Extensive overtime may be required during preparation of annual business plan and quarterly forecasts
- Moderate overtime may be required as needed to comply with corporate information requests
- Work will be a combination of on-site and remote work, depending on COVID restrictions and KB Home policy.
- Must conduct business in a professional and ethical manner with co-workers, external business associates and subcontractors.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Base Salary: the expected base salary range for this position is $60,000-75,000 per year depending on experience, paid semi-monthly.
- Bonus: this position is eligible for an annual performance based bonus
- Benefits: employee benefits available for this position include health care (medical, dental and vision) benefits, a 401(k) employee savings plan with Company match, vacation pay, paid sick days, and a monthly mobile phone stipend
Find out why KB Home is attracting and retaining the best employees! If you are interested and qualified, please apply now. KB Home provides above average compensation packages and earnings potential, full benefits, an outstanding 401K matching program, bonus plans and amazing promotional opportunities. KB Home is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse work team. Diversity is important to KB Home!
This position is being recruited by ManpowerGroup Talent Solutions RPO, on behalf of KB Home. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.