UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This role is expected to be a key contributor of the Reporting and Analytics team for the M&R Regional Finance organization. The main responsibilities of this role are as follows:
The role will partner with the Regional Finance leads, and support local market leadership, to evaluate financial performance at both a plan and provider level, with a focus on maintaining the integrity of the financials at each of those levels. The core responsibilities of this role will be to help manage and provide financial reporting to support the monthly close and quarterly forecast processes as well as to thoroughly analyze large subsets of data and develop quantitative models to support market level ad hoc requests and initiatives. This role will work collaboratively with our M&R National Finance team, as well as other functional teams to drive financial performance. This role requires strong communication skills, a drive to succeed, a desire to take on more responsibility, and an ability to build strong relationships at all levels of the organization.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Distribute and review monthly and year - to - date financial results with local market leaders
- Review and validate key forecast assumptions
- Create reporting to enable key decision support at a local level
- Build ad - hoc reporting using member - level financial data and assist in daily ad hoc requests
- Help support and analyze arrangements with providers (capitation, ACO, other risk incentives)
- Collaborate with cross - functional teams in conjunction with budgeting and forecasting process
- Leverage technology and carry out process improvement activities
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
***This role could be located in office in Minnetonka, MN or Telecommute***
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent
- 5+ years of relevant financial analysis or accounting experience
- Progressive financial work experience
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, MS Office product suite, and other technology tools
- Ability to work in a matrix environment while positively influencing other functional areas
- Sound financial, analytical, and business acumen
- Detail oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to build sound working relationships
- SAS Experience
- Healthcare experience
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Finance Manager, Financial Analysis, Accounting, Finance, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota