Flight Software Lead - Aerospace / CO Onsite
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Kayle Bernal
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.
A bit about us:
Founded to improve spacecraft affordability and reliability, transforming and enabling next generation space mission operations worldwide. Today, we are one of the most innovative aerospace companies, specializing in both end-to-end customer solutions and the manufacture of spacecraft platforms.
Why join us?
The FSW lead is responsible for contributing to design, analysis, and testing of the FSW for the space vehicle. The FSW engineer will work with and lead the flight software development team.
The successful candidate will take part in software engineering activities associated with the delivery of embedded flight software products for an Earth-orbiting mission. This assignment will include implementation of functional spacecraft capabilities that fall in areas of spacecraft command, communication, data management, fault protection, etc.
The engineer will understand the required capabilities of the functional area to determine the software approach for the development. The engineer will design a software architecture appropriate to the mission needs, develop and implement interfaces for COTS and proprietary hardware, and design and execute test protocols for format testing. The engineer should also be capable of clearly communicating design decisions and implementation details.
- Working with systems engineers, FSW peers, and other subsystem leads to understand and expand on requirements based on high-level design details.
- Developing an FSW design architecture that meets requirements.
- Proposing, reviewing, and analyzing potential implementation approaches based on cost, complexity, and schedule.
- Developing the associated code following strict project coding guidelines and process requirements.
- Developing, executing, and analyzing unit tests verifying satisfaction of requirements, proper implementation of interfaces, and code coverage.
- Working with other subsystems to ensure proper integration of subsystem code into the functional design, as required.
- Participating in development of Computer-in-the-loop (CITL) and Hardware-in-the-loop (HITL) systems.
- Performing or providing oversight of CITL and HITL integration and testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (CS) or computer related engineering field with a minimum 5 years of recent related experience.
- Five years of software engineering with 3 years of recent real-time embedded flight software experience required.
- Recent background in flight software development with specific recent experience in the following languages and operating systems: C/C++ (proficient), Linux, FreeRTOS.
- Recent experience with inter-process communication (IPC) mechanisms required.
- Advanced knowledge of principles, theories, concepts and techniques in developing, modifying, debugging, releasing and maintaining real-time and embedded software systems for mission-critical aerospace applications required.
- Strong verbal and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience debugging software/hardware interactions and possible failure modes.
- Space flight experience is strongly preferred.
- Recent experience with device driver development and software/hardware interfaces for both custom and commercial hardware.
- Familiarity with Python.
- Familiarity with the CubeSat Space Protocol.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.