Hourly Wage Estimate: $38.38 - $57.63 / hour
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.
Join the Surgery Center Float Pool! As a PRN member of the float pool team, you will have two scheduling tiers to choose from, which allows you the opportunity to consider the distance to the centers from your home and your availability to work. The tiers provide you the flexibility to work full/part time hours or to truly be available strictly on a per diem basis.
Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a Float Pool Operating Room Nurse PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Healthcare which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Float Pool Operating Room Nurse PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As the Float Pool OR Nurse, you will contribute to the companys mission and vision by utilizing the nursing process in planning, executing, and evaluating the nursing care given to the surgical patient during the intra-operative period.
What you will do in this role:
- You will rotate to other ambulatory surgery center facilities
- Demonstrate knowledge of surgical procedures and have the ability to oversee instrument and equipment set-up, prepare for the case utilizing preference cards, and anticipate needs of surgeon
- Coordinate and oversee the room during a case as the circulator
- Facilitate effective and efficient transition between surgical procedures
- Utilize preference cards and update as necessary
- Relay appropriate hand off communication to PACU staff to ensure continuity of care
Qualifications you will need:
- Nursing Diploma
- Minimum 2 years experience in an operating room setting; preferably in an ambulatory surgery center
- Active RN license as required by state of employment or appropriate compact licensure
- Valid BCLS & ACLS Certifications required upon employment (online certification not acceptable)
- PALS (Within 90 days, or earlier per Dept arrangement)
- CNOR certification preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
The Continental Ambulatory Surgery Divisionin the Denver area includes 18 ambulatory surgery centers (ASCs). Five ASCs are single-specialty GI centers, two are single-specialty urology ASCs, and the remaining 11 centers are multi-specialty. These busy and fast-paced facilities provide outpatient services to patients aged 6-months or older with a variety of medical needs. From a staffing perspective, the size of our ASCs support a strong and positive culture where everyone knows one another and works together as a team. The float pool team supports our ASCs by providing them with staff as needed - filling their needs on a daily basis to help ensure patients receive the best possible care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the Worlds Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
HERE to view full job description.