Prepare food and beverages for United's passengers
Have you always wondered how the food gets to the planes? Did you know that United Airlines has a Catering Division? Are you all about quality and freshness when you prepare food? Would you love to help make travel more enjoyable? Do you like working in a close-knit environment where co-workers feel like your second family? If so, consider a future with United Airlines. We're looking for a Full Time Food Agents to join our Catering Operations team in Denver.
As a member of the Production Team, you'll have a wide variety of duties in a number of areas:
- Food: You'll pack hot and cold food & beverages, slice and prepare meats and mix ingredients for salads and sandwiches; and wrap and pack food to prepare for delivery to our planes.
- Beverages: You'll maintain beverage inventory and pack beverages for our flights.
- Sanitation: You will separate trash from inbound equipment and place it in proper containers; wash, maintain and operate equipment; and operate a silverware bagging machine.
The place where it all happens
- Safety is our top priority and we work hard to protect each other every day.
- Working here is all about teamwork and attitude. You'll find we move quickly and pull together to deliver for our passengers, every day.
- Our facility includes both our warehouse and kitchens and is located near the airport.
- You may be required to work in areas that are from 35 to 55 degrees. We provide insulated clothing to keep you comfortable, hairnets and guards for facial hair to ensure a sanitary environment and lab coats for those working in the freezer.
Many routes to success
- We offer excellent training, and you will receive strong support from your supervisor and team members.
- You'll have excellent opportunities to grow and challenge yourself, and ultimately, advance within your area or to different departments within our kitchen or warehouse after one year of service in your position
- You will be eligible for promotion based on performance.
Flexibility and dependability are essential
- Based on seniority, you will be assigned an initial schedule designed to meet our needs at the airport.
- We operate 24 hours a day, so you must be available for day and night shifts, plus weekends and holidays; however, we offer six-month shift rotations and two consecutive days off.
- You will be required to work overtime, when necessary.
- Punctuality and reliability are essential - we've got flight schedules to meet with no delays!
The rewards for your strong work ethic
- Starting pay is $14.77 with periodic increases
- Great benefits, including several plan options
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Flight privileges from day one: you and your family can fly anywhere in the world on stand-by
- Time off: you can earn vacation days based on length of service with the option to purchase additional vacation, if needed
- Perfect attendance incentives
- A meal and free parking
- Yearly stipend/allowance for uniforms and safety shoes
A few additional requirements
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
- Basic math skills
- The ability to understand weights and measures (training is provided)
- The physical strength to lift, carry, push and pull up to 60 pounds, as well as be on your feet for an extended period of time
- Ability to withstand heights as high as 20+ feet
- Must pass a background check and drug screen
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship
Salary and benefits information is being included in this job posting in accordance with Colorado state law.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT