WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Dont be fooled by our convenient location, though youll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more.Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play... Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: Theres more than a free season pass waiting for you! You dont just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, youll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals, and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are provided!
This is a general job posting for the back of the house for our Food and Beverage department. We have positions open for Cook 1, Cook 2, Cook 3, Sous Chef, and Dishwasher.
- Dishwasher: maintain the sanitation, cleanliness, and safety of the dishwashing area. The Dishwasher will make sure to clean proper kitchen utensils (plates, silverware, etc.), provide the customer with courteous and professional service, and operate various types of foodservice equipment when necessary. The Dishwasher is responsible for assuring the compliance of applicable rules and regulations of the National Food Service Industry and of Applied Food Service Sanitation. The Dishwasher will also follow all Winter Park policies and procedures and all applicable laws (federal, state, and local).
- Cook 1:This is your opportunity to show your creativity and improve your culinary skills while working in an exciting mountain environment. Essential responsibilities include the ability to work all food stations including grill, flat top, fryer, prep, pantry, saut, and expo while in a fast-paced, high-volume environment. Experience with large banquets and pastries is a plus. Must be able to follow and understand recipes and standards, demonstrate teamwork with all staff and continually strive to exceed guests' expectations. The ability to multi-task is a must.
- Cook 2:This is your opportunity to show your creativity and improve your culinary skills while working in an exciting mountain environment. Essential responsibilities include the ability to work all food stations including grill, flat top, fryer, prep, pantry, saut, and expo while in a fast-paced, high-volume environment. Experience with large banquets and pastries is a plus. Must be able to follow and understand recipes and standards, demonstrate teamwork with all staff and continually strive to exceed guests' expectations. The ability to multi-task is a must.
- Cook 3: Past experience cooking in a high volume restaurant desired along with the ability to supervise up to 10 employees.Must be able to expedite production line during the service period. Must be Serv-Safe certified, must pass a safety checklist, and has strong cooking techniques and practices. Reads, understands, and follows recipes and standards while following prep sheets accurately with a sense of urgency. Demonstrates teamwork and cooperation with service staff to continually strive to exceed guests expectations. Help create memories for our guests and staff as the best mountain resort experience again and again. Standard Operating Procedures will be followed at all times. Must have the ability to take ownership of the position, while beingpolite and respectful of our guests and employees. Must always be on time, always acknowledge every guest immediately upon sight, observe the four 4 foot rule at all times, and must be available to our guests and employees at all times. Last but not least, promote a fun, safe, sanitary work environment
- Sous Chef:The Sous Chef is accountable for the kitchen operations of their designated Food and Beverage outlets at Winter Park Resort. The Sous Chef will meet and/or exceed established targets and standards for employee satisfaction, guest satisfaction, and financial performance. This includes all aspects of food sales, operating expenses, control systems, operating standards, people management, and the development of unique experiences for our guests. This employee develops and trains all culinary outlet Food and Beverage employees (Including skills training and food safety training). The Sous Chef develops menus, standardized recipes, and relevant menu costs for the outlet. The Sous Chef also supports the Unit Food and Beverage Manager with strategic and future planning (as it relates to the Food and Beverage outlet). The Sous Chef will also follow all Winter Park policies and procedures, all applicable laws (federal, state, and local), and all health and sanitation codes.
- Other Duties:
- Maintain a friendly, congenial, and helpful attitude while effectively dealing with the guests and other employees
- Report and take appropriate action to correct unsafe or unsanitary conditions or policy infractions within in work area, or within the resort
- Be aware of area cleanliness
- Adhere to uniform and personal standards as set forth in the company handbook, or as designated by the F&B employee handbook or management
- Other duties as assigned
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Dishwasher: High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Cook 1:High School degree or GED preferred
- Cook 2:High School degree or GED preferred
- Cook 3:Two to Three years culinary experience required
- Sous Chef:Must have a degree from a two-year culinary school and three years of experience in a quality establishment or five years related professional experience in a quality establishment
- Dishwasher:One-year kitchen experience preferred, but not needed
- Cook 1:One-year kitchen experience preferred
- Cook 2:One year kitchen experience preferred
- Cook 3:Two to Three years culinary experience required
- Sous Chef:Minimum three years supervisory experience required
Qualifications and Skills:
- Good hand/eye coordination and ability to work in a face-paced environment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Food Service Environment:
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled and the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length at a time over an average shift of 8 hours.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to climb or balance and taste or smell.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds on a regular and continuing basis.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors, and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including but not limited to nonslip footwear and gloves.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts' hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts' total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
Dishwasher: $15.00 per hour
Cook 1: $15.00-16.00 per hour
Cook 2: $15.00-$17.00 per hour
Cook 3: $15.00-$21.00 per hour
Sous Chef: $20.00 per hour
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law. Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an at will relationship.