EMPLOYMENT VALUE PROPOSITION: Mental Health Center of Denver provides you with the support you need to help you develop a career in helping others succeed. We innovate, adapt, and leverage the diverse perspectives of the people on our team and the people we serve in everything we do.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSIVENESS: The Mental Health Center of Denver values and is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to ending bias and discrimination in our community and ensuring equity within all aspects of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, transfer, or promotion opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Learn what it is like to work at the Mental Health Center of Denver:
STARTING SALARY: $15.00/hr - $18.00/hr
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide food preparation, cooking, distribution/delivery of healthy food to individuals receiving crisis services or in transitional housing at the Solution Center. Assist supervisor with assigned duties including but not limited to: inventory control, menu creation, meal distribution, etc.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepares and serves drinks and foods.
- Provides menu and food options available.
- Food preparation, operating food production equipment as required to complete tasks.
- Operates kitchen appliances.
- Arranges table settings and folds napkins according to restaurant standard.
- Clears, cleans, and sanitizes tables, trays, dishes etc.
- Maintains, cleans, and sanitizes work stations, cafeteria, etc.
- Cleans and sanitizes dishes, utensils, pots, pans, and other containers and returns to appropriate location in the kitchen area.
- Refills condiments or other supplies.
- Follows all safety and sanitation guidelines and regulations to ensure quality food service.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Assist in menu planning as directed by supervisor.
- Food preparation and delivery to the people we serve.
- Assist in the maintenance of inventory as directed by supervisor.
- Ensure accuracy, quality and efficiency standards are met with regard to individual job performance, documentation standards, and general services for people we serve.
- Stocks and operate food and beverage machines.
- Ensures and/or maintains the safety and cleanliness of all food preparation, service, and work areas, tools, and facilities.
- Maintain awareness of and support compliance with policies, procedures, as well as performance standards for each position.
- Help enforce State, Federal laws, regulations and professional industry standards regarding food services and employment.
- Provide services with a trauma informed approach.
- Maintain a trauma informed environment of wellbeing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED and Culinary Experience at least 1 year work experience in culinary arts (cook, chef, or related role). Holds a current ServeSafe certificate.
- Demonstrated experience in food service, cooking, food delivery, culinary equipment maintenance, or other related food service experience.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge or ability to learn and practice trauma informed principles and practices.
- Ability work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, customer service and community relations skills.
- Ability to cook and deliver healthy foods to individuals with a major mental illness.
- Ability to analyze complex situations and implement coordinated, systematic solutions.
- Working knowledge of PC-based software for communications, word processing, data tracking, and data analysis.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: none
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment. Commercial kitchen equipment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, the telephone and other office and/or clinical equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS: May require occasional evening or weekend hours.