POSITION SUMMARY: Work closely with Lead Front Office Manager and other Front Office Managers to ensure efficient administrative and clerical support to Program Manager(s) in charge of clinic and/or teams at a site. Assist Front Office Managers and Clinical Program Manager in all aspects of job as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- In Front Office Manager's absence, provide for coordination of clinic needs and program. Perform a variety of administrative duties in order to ensure the smooth running of the clinic.
- Provide back-up support for PASSR and other clinical documentation.
- Update training documents and assist with training for new Administrative Assistants. Train other new office staff members.
- Organize, compose, and produce letters, memoranda, reports, and other documents for managers
- Collect program data and maintain database system; may be required to sort, provide basic analysis, and report data for internal and/or external usage.
- Assist with coverage needs at the Adult Recovery Center and various MHCD locations as needed.
- Maintain calendars and schedule appointments and meetings.
- Receive and screen clinic telephone communications.
- Schedule consumer appointments with psychiatrists, nurses, and other clinical staff. Collect co-pays if applicable. Input and extract data from the appointment scheduling system.
- Coordinate, file, maintain, and update consumer medical records and related data. With all consumer information, take proactive steps to ensure accuracy of records and confidentiality.
- Coordinate requests for information, ensuring all paperwork is properly executed, and consumer confidentiality is protected.
- Maintain other filing systems, databases, and perform data retrieval.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail.
- Perform other duties as assigned, based on individual site needs.
EDUCATION: High School diploma or equivalent; some college preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 2 years Administrative Assistant, Customer Service, or Receptionist experience at Mental Health Center of Denver or in other, similar healthcare environment.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge or ability to learn and practice trauma informed principles and practices.
- Proficiency with word processing (60 WPM) and computer spreadsheets.
- Must be able to develop proficiency in MHCD-specific computer programs in addition to having proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Strong organizational skills, knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc.
- Ability to communicate in a positive manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to explain procedures and train others.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No direct supervision. Assist with oversight of Administrative Assistants, training, and clinic coordination.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to sit, stand, bend and reach, operate standard office equipment such as phone, computer, facsimile, copier/printer/scanner, and other business machines. Occasional lifting up to 40 lbs.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.