Additionally, the General Manager takes on a very heavy administrative role involving tasks such as payroll, scheduling, recruiting and counseling, member and prospective member outreach, oversight of inventory, oversight of gym maintenance, and staff accountability. GMs at Chuze Fitness also play a very big role in the training and development of staff through role playing and coaching.
Regular Work Activities -- What are the most frequent and essential work activities in this position?
- Lead the team by example in customer service, cleanliness, and culture
- Manage/lead staff to acceptable professionalism and job performance during day-to-day operations
- Recruit new talent
- Train and coach existing team members and supervisors
- Maintain accountability with supervisors and team members
- Oversees all aspects of the gym and them team
- Participate in Company Meetings once a month
- Plan quarterly team bonding events for your team
- 44 average hour work week up to 55 shift hours per week
Key Skills -- What behavioral traits, attitudes, and skills are required?
- Extraordinary people skills (needs to set an example and the standard)
- Leadership, management, team-building skills
- Goal setting, organizational, and accountability skills
- Strong conflict resolution and problem solving skills
- Proactive, positive attitude
- Pays most extreme attention to detail
- Development and training skills
People Interactions -- What are the primary forms of people interactions in this position (who, why, and how often)?
- Prospective/Existing members: Phone inquiries, facility tours, Contact Requests, YELP, (daily)
- Chuze members: face-to-face greetings, farewells, positive/fun interactions (daily)
- Chuze members: assistance (help with machines, equip, tanning/hydro, POS, etc) (daily)
- Chuze members: interactions during walkthroughs, cleaning, locker room checks, etc (daily)
- Chuze members: billing issues, disputes, and account research/history with company software to determine proper course of action. (daily)
- Chuze members: conflict resolution (daily)
- Chuze Staff: training, facilitating, ensuring accountability, leading (daily)
- Candidates: recruiting and selecting talent (always)
- General Manager: set facility goals, plans, & review club performance (monthly)
What Can We Do For You?
- Complimentary Membership
- 1 Complimentary Gym Membership for relative or friend
- Quarterly Team Bonding Events with Managers and District Leaders
- Yearly Leadership Retreats
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- 401K (eligible after 1 year of employment)
Chuze Fitness is an Equal Opportunity Employer. A Background check is required for some positions.
Disclosure to Job Applicants Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)As part of your job application and the Company’s evaluation of your candidacy, the Company collects, receives, and maintains for business purposes the following types of Personal Information about you:
- Identifiers such as name, alias, postal or mailing address, email address, telephone number, SSN or other similar identifiers;
- Pre-hire documents, such as job application, resume, reference checks, assessments, background check form and results, job interview notes, and other candidate evaluation records; and
- Education-related information and records, such as copies of transcripts or records of degrees obtained.
If you become employed by the Company, the Company will notify you of additional categories of Personal Information that it collects, receives, and maintains for business purposes.
The Company collects, receives, and maintains the above categories of Personal Information for the following business purposes:
- To comply with the state and federal law and regulations requiring employers to maintain certain records;
- To evaluate your job application and candidacy for employment;
- To obtain and verify background check and references; and
- To commence the onboarding process.
By completing your application, you must acknowledge and confirm that you have received and read and understand this disclosure, and you hereby authorize and consent to the company’s use of the personal information it collects, receives or maintains for the business purposes identified above.