:The General Manager (NEMT) directs operation and has operations and other departments reporting into this position on a daily basis. The General Manager ensures that service is operated according to the plans, policies, and budgets established by the client, Transdev, as well as all applicable federal, state and local regulations.
What We Offer:
- Compensation range: $100,000 - $115,000 (DOE)
- Bonus: 10%
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision - BCBS; Delta Dental; VSP
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid time off and holidays
- Ability to advance your career
- Serve as the Contractor's primary point of contact for the Contract and for Contract performance. The General Manager shall work out of an office within the Broker Service Area.
- Provides general guidance to department managers, which may include Operations, Customer Service/Call Center, Finance/Payroll, Human Resources, and Maintenance.
- Provides strategic planning and direction to the operations, responsible for the budget, safety and risk
- Manages contract compliance and client relationships.
- Develops and manages the operational budget.
- Assists the Corporate office with contract procurement, operational analysis, and price proposals.
- Investigates, makes and administers decisions up to and including terminations.
- Has overall responsibility for scheduling, performance evaluation, and staffing responsibilities for the management staff of the facility.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications:Education, Licensing, and Certifications Preferred:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Logistics, Transportation, or related field preferred.
Experience, Skills, and Knowledge Required:
- At least 5 years' professional experience managing a NEMT or NMT program of similar size and scope.
- Knowledge of relevant federal and state employment laws.
- Thorough knowledge of laws, ordinances and regulations underlying the transit operation.
- Thorough knowledge of the methods of operation of the transit system's staff and operational departments.
- Ability to deal with state and local government.
- Ability to manage cost control and financial/budget experience handling multiple locations.
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint programs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; excellent presentation skills; ability to influence people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to organize and perform work efficiently; strong attention to details.
- Ability to work effectively with labor; including labor grievances and negotiations.
Travel requirement (as a percent): < 5% travel between properties and for meetings and outside training; 25% in total for out of state travel to conferences, corporate headquarters. About Transdev:
Based near Chicago, Transdev is the largest private-sector operator of multiple modes of transit in North America, including bus, rail, streetcar, paratransit, and shuttle services. Transdev is committed to being the trusted partner of cities and transit authorities through quality execution and innovations in mobility. Its parent company, Transdev Group, is a leading global operator and integrator of mobility operating in 17 countries and provides passengers every day the freedom to connect to what they care about in their cities. www.transdevna.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace.
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check.