About this Opportunity
Responsible for developing and implementing business plans aimed at growing sales volume, market share and profitability within the federal, state and local government market segments for assigned region.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as someone who . . .
* Conducts all sales activities and processes within the parameters of the MillerKnoll Sales process, utilizing corporate tools/resources provided.
* Conducts sales training with dealer salespeople and regional sales teams to ensure literacy, skills/knowledge for conducting business with government entities is current and allows for optimum competitive advantage.
* Coordinates, reviews and recommends pricing for all government bids, RFP's, RFQ's, sales proposals and contract submittals for opportunities within the geographic assignment-sign bid documents as appropriate
* Develops and maintains productive business relationships with agency leaders, procurement officials, key specifiers, A D, and customer decision-makers.
* Develops capabilities within the dealer community for growing MillerKnoll's share of the federal, state, local government and education market segments.
* Functions as the 'technical expert' on how to prospect/win/conduct business with government entities at all levels.
* Implements sales/marketing plans to increase government market share.
* Leads and coordinates internal/external networks/resources necessary to ensure maximum client coverage/success, achieving annual performance targets (i.e., discounting, revenue, orders, shipments, etc.) and creating sustainable competitive advantage for MillerKnoll in the government marketplace
* Maintains Salesforce (CRM) information so the Vice President, Public Sector can accurately complete monthly forecasts of expected sales volume, by account, by product line.
* Makes regular sales calls on key government procurement offices, design commands, Army Corps, NavFac, civil engineering offices and other agency offices as necessary to build productive business relationships with key decision-makers, specifiers and influencers.
* Manages within assigned expense budget.
* Provides timely/accurate order forecasts on a monthly (90 day outlook) basis for anticipated government business activity.
* Performs additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have . . .
* Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field.
* 5 years of experience of successful contract or capital goods selling, preferably with major, national and/or government accounts.
* Thorough knowledge of MillerKnoll products, services and culture, as well as the ability to distinguish MillerKnoll products/services from the competition.
* Knowledge of MillerKnoll resources and how to access them in achieving/orchestrating combined MillerKnoll customer interactions.
* Advanced selling skills, e.g. qualify prospects, lead generation, new business development, account penetration, strategic selling, conceptual selling, issues-based selling, consultative selling, negotiation and contracts (closing) to uncover/understand/meet the needs of government customers as well as understand and effectively navigate the federal/state/local government procurement process/structure.
* Must have strong organizational and problem solving skills as well as demonstrated proficiency in the ability to collaborate/negotiate with government personnel.
* Must be an assertive, self-starter with the self-confidence and ability to represent MillerKnoll in a professional manner, taking initiative to effectively manage own activities to deliver results with little/no supervision and working with/through others to successfully win government business.
* Must be able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, at all levels of the organization and able to build long term relationships with customers/partners.
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication ability with strong emphasis on listening, presenting and facilitating.
* Demonstrated high personal performance standards, the desire and ability to continuously learn and must be results-oriented.
* Demonstrated high level of integrity, business ethics and leadership skills.
* Must be financially literate and possess business acumen-astute in understanding financial implications of decision-making in regard to capital expenditures, cost of ownership models, ROI, leasing, etc.
* Expertise within a dealer environment with sales planning capabilities-provide leadership to dealers in pursuing customer relationships.
* Ability to effectively use office automation, communication, software, and tools used in the MillerKnoll office environment.
* Willingness and ability to travel.
A starting compensation range for this role is $$$$. Actual compensation offer may differ from expected starting range and is intended to be reflective of Relevant salary considerations will include candidate qualifications and experience, and other business/and organizational needs and market factors. You may also be eligible to receive a geographic premium, annual discretionary incentive and equity awards which are subject to the rules governing these programs. The company offers a full spectrum of benefits including Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Dependent Day Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability and Other Insurance Plans, Paid Time Off (including Vacation and Parental Leave), Holidays, 401(k), and Short/Long Term Disability, in addition to other special perks reserved for our associates.
Our values speak to our shared beliefs. They describe how we live our purpose through the way we lead, the way we see one another, and the way we approach our work.
We are difference-makers reflects our commitments to creating places that matter, to being a good neighbor in our communities, and to using business as a force for good.
We are all extraordinary is our statement about the worth of individuals and our commitment to help everyone reach their full potential.
We are better together demonstrates how challenging one another, making room for everyone, and working and winning as one makes us stronger.
Who We Hire
Simply put, we hire everyone. MillerKnoll is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We're committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.