Join a global professional services leader! We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of buildings, water, energy and urbanization.
GHD is seeking an Environmental Graduate – Engineering or Scientist in our Golden, CO office, to work with our team of dedicated professionals providing emergency preparedness and response services to our clients.
Responsibilities of this position will be but are not limited to:
- Respond to client emergencies providing field support such as air monitoring, water sampling, contractor oversight, safety oversight, site inspections and other related activities
- Participate and support emergency preparedness exercises, planning, and drills
- Be prepared to travel to client locations on short notice
- Conduct field work for soil & ground water remediation projects including groundwater and soil sampling, water level monitoring, investigative drilling, monitoring well installation, soil and groundwater remediation (excavation, in-situ, etc.), contractor oversight, stream and river rehabilitation, site restoration, and construction inspections
- Assist with the preparation of technical engineering reports including environmental investigation and closure reports, remedial alternative / design / action plans, design project specifications, bid documents, regulatory submissions, and emergency response plans
- Assist Project Managers with preparing proposals, work plans, cost estimates, memorandums, letters, tables, figures and presentations
- Perform data compilation, interpretation, and evaluation of environmental regulations for the preparation of engineering reports
- Assist Project Managers with coordination of field activities including coordinating field personnel, analytical laboratory project set up, and procuring subcontractors and equipment
- Assist with coordination of internal GHD technical resources and support staff including drafting, database, chemists, and other personnel
- Travel to sites throughout the U.S. but with focus on the south-central U.S.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience/skills:
- Experience conducting fieldwork is preferred and willingness to travel to undertake fieldwork is required. Field demands can include working extended hours, working in inclement weather conditions, and heavy lifting (a 70/30 field to office ratio is expected initially, the percent of field work would decrease over-time as the successful candidate gains experience)
- Flexible availability to assist with emergency spill response work (including weekends and nights) for clients when required (Note: emergency response services in this group are carried out as a team, the successful candidate would not be required to respond to every emergency event)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to be able to meet deadlines
- Experience managing multiple tasks while maintaining a high degree of attention to detail in a consulting environment is considered an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively express technical information to multiple audiences including subcontractors, field staff, clients, colleagues, etc.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work effectively in both and individual and team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Geology, Biology, Environmental Sciences, or other relevant technical degree program
- 0-2 years of experience, co-op or full-time experience working in the consulting field
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with GHD’s US vaccination policy and any applicable government regulations related to COVID-19. Individuals hired for GHD positions that require in-person interactions with GHD Clients, or in-person visits to, or work at, GHD Clients sites, must comply with Client imposed requirements, including, in some instances, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. GHD complies with federal, state, and local laws with regard to accommodations related to this policy.