WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play... Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are provided!
The Grounds Services Laborer performs all general maintenance and snow removal duties necessary to prepare and maintain the Winter Park Resort grounds, parking lots, and roadways in a clean, attractive, functional, and reasonable safe condition. Performs tasks to provide parking, traffic, and shuttle services in a friendly, professional, efficient manner with an emphasis on safety. Establishes first contact with guests and provides assistance as needed. Follow consistently all policies set forth in the Employee Handbook. Complies with all regulations set forth by the Colorado Department of Transportation and Motor Vehicle Bureau.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Remove snow and ice from base facilities and parking areas including stairs, decks, grates, walkways, roofs, and drives utilizing shovels, scrapers, and snow blowers. Keep base and mountain transformers, meters, fire hydrants, ski racks, miscellaneous equipment free of snow
- Check areas designated on sanding log for icy conditions and spread sand and/or ice melt as necessary. Complete log consistently.
- Operate skid-steers, snow blowers, lawn equipment, and Zamboni as necessary.
- Assist to properly maintain walkways, facilities, and exits. Monitor orderly flow of pedestrians through Village zone.
- Assist with the wagon hauling operation (winters only).
- Perform trash removal and litter pick up duties in parking areas, roadways, and around Village facilities. Be aware of trash throughout the day.
- Perform general grounds maintenance tasks including fence installation and maintenance, outdoor furniture repair, delineator and sign installation, sweeping, hauling supplies, work area housekeeping.
- Inspect grounds for maintenance needs and potential hazards as designated on Grounds Checklist. Complete log consistently.
- Assist with duties in the Village required to execute the maintenance and snow removal contracts.
- Be alert for potential hazards involving vehicles, pedestrians, and equipment. Take responsible action to prevent accidents. Report and/or correct any unsafe conditions.
- Follow, consistently, safety procedures and utilize appropriate safety equipment.
- Assist with vehicle, public, and employee accidents as required. Follow accident reporting procedures.
- Assist guests and employees with directions and information in a friendly, congenial, professional manner. Effectively handle first-line conflicts and problems.
- Perform tasks related to the production of special events and Christmas set up. Control special event and VIP parking areas during special events.
- Assist local Sheriffs Officers, Security, and/or Ski Patrol with emergency victim evacuation and accident response.
- Assist Security and Facilities with fire and other building emergencies. Assist in the evacuation of guests and employees as requested.
- Assist contractors, tenants, and other Winter Park crews with hauling, clean up, and construction projects.
- Maintain drain pans, drop inlets, culverts, drainage ditches in working order; free from ice, debris, sediment buildup.
- Clean and maintain tools and equipment in proper condition and store correctly. Complete vehicle and equipment inspections. Report problems to supervisor. Perform preventative maintenance tasks.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Familiarity with Winter Park Resort and surrounding services desirable.
- Valid Colorado driver's license.
- Must be able to work a four 10 hour day week including weekends and holidays. May be asked to work additional hours.
- Must be on-call for snow removal and available to start work at 2:00 a.m. seven days per week during ski season.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and public relations skills.
- High school diploma or GED desirable.
- 1-2 years of Grounds, landscape and/or snow removal work or equivalent outdoor maintenance.
- Proficient skills operating skid-steer loaders.
- Experience working with public desirable, with demonstrated ability to remain calm and congenial under stressful conditions.
- Driving experience and small equipment operation experience desirable.
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
Hourly pay range: 16.00
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- The primary physical environment in which this position works is out of doors with a high exposure level to cold, snow, wind, rain, bugs, sun, high altitude, extreme heights, lightning, etc...
- The degree of strenuous activity within the job is considered to be high. Often lifting a weight of 75 pounds throughout the day is common.
- Additional strenuous physical activity may include walking or hiking upon uneven, challenging terrain with heavy tools or equipment.
- Exposure to: Chemicals required for cleaning, de-greasing, and painting Ultra Violet radiation from the sun enhanced through lack of atmospheric filtration at work altitude. Fumes produced in activities ranging from cleaning to painting to fabrication of metal products. Noise generated by snowmobiles, lift equipment, and tools may require hearing protection to be worn.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law. Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.