We are a rapidly growing ecommerce shoe company committed to revolutionizing health and wellness by incorporating natural movement into everything we do. Xero Shoes, based in Broomfield, CO is ready for our first head of finance. Reporting to the President, you will be an active member of the senior leadership team and a player-coach for all finance-related activities for the Company. As part of a small, tight-knit team you will work closely with your key partners in sales, marketing, and operations to provide critical planning, accounting, financial operations, and decision support to facilitate Xero’s continued accelerated growth.
Areas of Accountability:
- All financial functions, including accounting, financial planning and analysis, external/internal reporting, compliance, cash management, tax, audit, and financial operations (payroll, AR/AP, financial systems, etc.).
- Review processes and internal controls to drive efficiencies across the organization, understand profitability, execute operational KPIs, and provide commercial and operating insights.
- Manage procurement, including contract negotiations and administration.
- Lead a small team, meeting the need for more mature internal controls and compliance without stifling our entrepreneurial culture.
- Work as part of the senior leadership team to build and execute against company strategy and objectives, including international expansion.
- Act as a collaborative partner with the investors and board of directors.
- Effectively partner with banks, capital market providers, and outside service providers (such as audit firms).
You have a reputation as a great colleague, someone who can leverage your business knowledge, tech savviness, financial expertise, and critical thinking to ensure timely and accurate results and positively drive business results. Other important qualities include being highly detailed, self-motivated, analytical, curious, collaborative, transparent, pragmatic, high integrity, and operate with a low tolerance for BS.
You have at least 7 years’ relevant experience building and scaling a finance team in a high growth early-stage company or leading a team of finance professionals at a company or divisional level. Prior experience in a VC/PE environment is helpful as you will be the primary conduit for investor relations, working closely with our new sponsor
A BA/BS in Accounting/Finance or related and an MBA and/or CPA preferred.