Combine twoof the fastest-growing fields on the planet with culture of performance, collaborationand opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in anindustry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't aboutanother gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever andwhenever people need it, safely and reliable. There's no room for error. Joinus and start doing your life's best work. (sm)
This position is responsible for researchingand investigating key business problems through quantitative and statistical analysesof utilization and healthcare cost data, including the identification ofpotential medical cost saving opportunities and the effectiveness of healthmanagement initiatives.
- Serves as healthcare economics/analytics consultant for national and local market projects
- Solves complex problems and develops innovative sustainable solutions
- Works with minimal guidance; seeking guidance on only the most complex tasks
- Collects, analyzes and performs quality assurance on analytic initiatives that consume data from multiple sources
- Performs statistical and trend analyses to determine effectiveness of clinical programs (e.g. pre-post analysis, clinical trial results)
- Works with a variety of teams to identify areas of opportunity in order to drive financial performance of programs
- Provides consistent and timely communication on projects, results and conclusions from analyses
- Perform allother related duties as assigned
You'll berewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that willchallenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in yourrole as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Statistics, Finance or Health Administration or related field
- 3+ years of experience in health care analytics
- 3+ years of experience using SQL, SAS query techniques to access relational databases
- Experience working in an Enterprise Data Warehouse environment or multiple source data warehouse
- Proficiency with BI tools such as MicroStrategy/Tableau as well as Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint)
- Office based position in Denver, CO, Colorado Springs, CO or Albuquerque, NM ( Will also consider candidates based in West Valley, UT and Las Vegas, NV)
- Familiarity with Medicare Risk Adjustment
- Experience with medical coding (CPT, ICD-9, ICD-10, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and concepts effectively
- Experience with provider payment methodologies and healthcare products
- Ability to interpret and review financial modeling results to evaluate the financial impact of contract changes and develop forecasts
Careerswith Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giantobjective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to howwe use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guidehealth and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, ourfirst goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve.Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings togethersome of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has togo in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on highperformance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum,incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do yourlife's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is anEqual Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualifiedapplicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status,disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, maritalstatus, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates arerequired to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
JobKeywords: healthcare economics/analytics, Economics,Statistics, Finance , micro strategy, risk adjustment, Denver, CO,Colorado, West Valley, UT, Utah, Las Vegas, NV, Nevada, Albuguergue, NM, NewMexico