Some people take things as they come. Others relentlessly push themselves to go farther. Combine health care and technology, which are two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet, with UnitedHealth Group's culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get: industry-leading health care services at a company that's improving the lives of millions.
As the Healthcare Economics Consultant you will design and develop reports and analyze data to measure clinical outcomes, network performance and methodology levers. You will investigate key business problems through quantitative analyses of utilization and health care costs data. As the Consultant, you will interpret and analyze clinical data from various sources, conducts the on-going presentation of analysis results and findings to support healthcare business operations, performance improvement, and recommend best approaches for its consolidation. Your analyses will be used to create viable, real-world solutions in a complex health care landscape. The work is as challenging as it is rewarding. You'll open doors to new opportunities. This is where bold people with big ideas are writing the next chapter in health care. Join us. There's never been a better time to do your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Performs data cleaning, preparation, aggregation, and quality check from multiple sources and tables in support of trend identification, root cause analysis, affordability initiatives development, and validation/measurement of medical expense reduction initiatives
- Provides consultative advice to interpret and analyze medical claims, utilization management, and membership data in support of multiple business initiatives related to evaluate the savings opportunities, continue monitor the program performances
- Collaborates internal and external departments to lead the development and continuous improvement of methods, processes, and technologies to enhance healthcare quality, affordability, outcomes, and member/provider experience
- Researches, identifies, and implements new approaches and methods to facilitate medical cost management.
- Generally, work is self-directed, and serves as a resource to others
- Develop and improve quantitative data analytics and set performance evaluation tracking process
- Participate projects to completion by contributing to database creation, statistical modeling and financial reports
- Interpret and analyze Utilization Management (UM), Medical Claims, Medical Claim Review (MCR) data from data sources and recommend best approaches
- Develop reporting and analytical tools to support all outpatient analytics
- Apply phenomenal analytical skills to research and investigate sources of variations
- Produce, review, present report outcomes, and make recommendations to the management
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of work experience in a corporate setting
- 3+ years of experience in health care analytics and working with large data sets
Intermediate level proficiency with SQL, SAS and/or other statistical programs
- Intermediate level of proficiency working with MS Excel including formulas, calculations, charts, graphs, etc.
- Experience analyzing very large datasets and working with relational databases
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and ability to work with minimal guidance
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- Master's degree or above degree in economics, social science, or a related field and worked in a health care related field
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Healthcare Economics Consultant, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work from home, Work at home, Remote, Cypress, CA, California, Rockville, MD, Maryland, Shelton, CT, Connecticut, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota