Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Healthcare Economics Consultant, you will perform analysis of behavioral health and Intervention arrangements. You’ll interact with your peers and leaders with a focus on performance to achieve business objectives. This is where your bold ideas will write the next chapter in health care.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Query and process complex medical and behavioral healthcare data using SAS and SQL based tools
- Use claims and membership data to support utilization, network, and affordability analyses
- Design and validate total cost of care savings models across multiple levels of business
- Conduct ad-hoc investigations per client and team requests
- Develop and improve upon current reporting and monitoring tools
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years of healthcare experience involving authorization and/or claims data
- Intermediate level of proficiency working with SAS based tools (Understanding of ProcSQL data steps, Macro Syntax (general procedures steps: Sort)
- Ability to work in heavily focused Ad-Hoc analysis environment (75% Ad-Hoc/25% Routine)
- Intermediate level of proficiency working with MS Excel, including formulas, pivot tables, and VLOOKUP’s
- Ability to quickly learn and efficiently use new software tools
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail and ability to troubleshoot issues with accuracy
- Team player who can effectively collaborate across multiple groups and teams
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Healthcare Economics Consultant, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work from Home, Remote, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota