OptumCare is a network of health care providers throughout the Southwest, whose mission is to connect and support providers by working together to deliver the most effective and compassionate care to each and every patient they serve. OptumCare’s focus is to do the right things for patients, physicians, and the community.
The Integration Specialist is responsible for the overall management of due diligence and clinic integration efforts. The position is responsible for managing and overseeing due diligence, directing and facilitating the project planning, project management, implementation and evaluation of integration efforts as it relates to clinic initiatives. The position is also responsible for collaborating with operational partners and training teams to ensure successful clinic integration efforts and to ensure policy and procedures are established as required. Also, assists with long-term planning priorities and assures clinics are appropriately integrated into the overall direction, mission and values of the company.
- Oversees and coordinates due diligence efforts for acquisition targets
- Directs the strategic planning and management of the integration projects and team to ensure that the goals and objectives are accomplished within the prescribed time frame
- Directs the project management and process improvement activities to achieve optimal implementation and control outcomes
- Identifies risk issues that impact successful integration of the clinic and engages proper resources to ensure resolution
- Ensures integration timelines are met in accordance with the approved project plan
- Directs and provides guidance to new providers and staff through implementation, and execution of orientation, and training to new acquisitions
- Provides information to departments as needed and serves as the departmental liaison for all providers and staff
- Provides guidance on company or clinic issues and ensures proper resolution and dissemination of information to parties involved
- Provides guidance and data to clinic management staff in the establishment of departmental objectives related to staffing plans, financial goals, etc
- Oversees and coordinates the integration work plan and confers that all teams are completing assigned duties, responsibilities and scope of authority
- Reviews status reports prepared by all associated teams and modifies schedules or plans as required
- Conducts research, and prepares project reports and analysis to interpret information pertaining to integration efforts in order to make presentations and recommendations to senior management
- Confers with integration teams to provide technical assistance and resolve issues
- Ensures that the overall quality of the implementation plan is meeting established organizational standards
- Maintains and builds relationships across business groups
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 8+ years of experience in the healthcare field, with an emphasis in clinic operations or staff training and development, including three or more years of management level experience.
- Advanced knowledge and skill in Healthcare Operations: EMR, Practice Management System, Clinic Operations and related systems.
- Must have the ability to exercise logic and sound judgment in the development of strategies and contractual relationships.
- Must possess strong analytical/statistical skills used in evaluating healthcare data as used in the development, implementation and monitoring of contractual relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface effectively both externally and internally with a wide range of people including physicians, office staff and other health plan staff.
- Knowledge of organization policies and procedures and ability to read, interpret, and apply
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or a related field
- 6+ years of directly related experience in medical practice management.
- 3+ years of experience in staff training and development specifically dealing with providers and staff.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Healthcare Integration Specialist, Denver, CO, Colorado