WHO WE ARE:
Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration, and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
Consistently ranked by Engineering News-Record as a Top 20 transportation firm, Michael Baker International offers clients an integrated team of professionals versed in all aspects of transportation planning, design, permitting, and construction management/inspection. In addition, Michael Baker International is a recognized leader in the practical aspects of operating and maintaining a safe and efficient transportation infrastructure.
Michael Baker International if seeking a candidate eager to support our Highway Design group and grow their career in our Lakewood, CO. The Transportation Project Manager will be responsible for leading a team of engineers and designers in all aspects of design and plan preparation for roadway, highway, and multimodal improvement projects for State, City, and County agencies in Colorado. The successful candidate will deliver projects per agreed to plan, budget, and quality objectives. (S)He will lead, assign, and review work of the project delivery team; check work and progress and identify changes of scope and additional services. Staff mentorship and development is a responsibility of the Transportation Project Manager, as well as the development and overseeing of budgets and schedules. The successful candidate will cultivate and maintain client relationships as well as lead proposal development and interview preparation and participation. Additionally, the successful candidate will provide technical direction, support and strategic planning while being a visible and active member of the Transportation community through professional organization involvement.
- Develop and maintain trusted adviser relationships with key transportation clients
- Determine direction and lead market awareness including involvement in professional associations and conferences
- Work with our Mountain Region Transportation Managers and Transportation Practice Leaders in the development of targeted client service action plans in the Colorado market
- Participate in ongoing strategic positioning for major highway or roadway project opportunities
- Manage client relationships and guide the application of Michael Baker International services within the Transportation practice area to best serve the interests of the client and Michael Baker International
- Be responsible for successful contracting and project execution, working closely with regional Michael Baker International staff and office leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- 12+ years of Transportation/Public Works experience with increasing levels of responsibility is required
- Colorado Professional Engineer (P.E.) or ability to obtain in 6 months.
- A strong track record of overseeing success project delivery of various Transportation/Public Works projects for CDOT and other agencies is required
- Demonstrated supervisor and mentoring skills is required
- Strong relationship with CDOT and local government agencies is required
The salary range for this position is $96,000-$144,000. This will be dependent on the experience and expertise of the incoming candidate.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- Professional and personal development
- Generous paid time off
- Commuter and wellness benefits
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.