ABOUT THE JOB (JOB BRIEF):
At Key, we have the opportunity to bring ease value and expertise to our clients by helping them have confidence and the peace of mind to dream big. As a Home Lending Leader and part of the Retail Leadership team, you create an engaging environment for clients and employees to develop the skills and confidences required to grow the business through helping new and existing clients achieve their financial goals.
The role of the Home Lending Leader is to build, coach, develop, lead and motivate a team of Mortgage Loan Originators (MLO’s) capable of analyzing clients’ lending needs, executing Retail and Mortgage Partnership (RAMP) expectations and ultimately achieving and or exceeding goals. In addition, the Home Lending Leader would be accountable for area level pipeline management; assess quality, drive improvement in pull-thru and booking rates, as well as utilization and client experience. Is an expert on mortgage and knowledgeable of all real-estate options/products. This role will work in partnership with local leaders and partners to address challenges and obstacles through the lifecycle of the lending process, including recommending value add activities for the Region. Partner closely with ARL’s to increase lending acumen within the Banker population. The Home Lending Leader reports directly to the Regional Retail Leaders.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Home Lending Leaders and all team members are expected to act professionally at all times, conduct business ethically, avoid conflicts of interest and act in the best interest our clients and Key.
• Develop, coach and lead a team of MLO’s skilled and confident to deliver on clients full lending needs. Sets the tone andexpectation around partnership and performance objectives. Manages and evaluates performance to achieve respective goals. .
• Ensure flawless execution by mortgage team of the coverage model recommend changes as necessary to ensure right number of Mortgage LO’s to branch coverage.
• Serves as a market’s residential lending expert with joint accountability/ownership with ARLs and Branch Managers to achieve the residential real estate lending production and balance growth goals of their respective branches. Inclusive of new business production (mortgage and home equity), effective balance sheet management, increased utilization and win rate of Home Equity lines of credit, and retention of balances.
• Manage the facilitation, results and improvements with credit decision escalation process, pricing exceptions, and overall pull through
• Lead and support the development, delivery and execution of training/skill building for branch employees on changes to all consumer credit products, systems and technology, and processes - building the confidence in branch employees.
• Maintain an internal and external talent pipeline; hires, trains and onboards new employees grounded in Key’s Financial Wellness mission.
• Build strong collaborative relationships with internal partners to drive excellent client experience, high-quality originations and strong partnerships between branches, operations, underwriting, and fulfillment
• Proactively engage the ARLs to facilitate field action and the CLC where a pipeline appears stalled; diagnose why and consult/ recommend solutions to improve pipeline
• Responsible and accountable for compliance in all aspects of their geography inclusive of CRA requirements
• Effectively assist loan officers with resolving client complaints within a timely fashion
• Partner with CMS in remote coverage strategy.
• Ensure loan officers adhere to the KBM lending policies, including government regulations; ensure information is properly disclosed to clients. Responsible for overall compliance and quality control within the department - ensuring documentation is appropriate; application packages are timely, quality is acceptable, and timely completion of disclosures.
• Manage employee hours worked in accordance to and compliant with KeyBank’s time tracking policies
• Is an expert on mortgage and knowledgeable of all residential real-estate options/products.
• Bachelor’s degree (business or finance preferred) or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of three years mortgage experience or equivalent retail/lending experience which includes selling financial products.
• Minimum of three year’s management experience in a retail sales environment. Proven ability to develop and execute business plans and drive a high performing team – capable of meeting and exceeding results
• Strong business acumen to include an understanding of financials (PNL), credit and lending practices
• Demonstrated effective leadership with the ability to manage, coach and champion a successful sales team both locally and remotely coupled with the proven ability to lead change.
• Proven ability to establish and maintain collaborative partnerships among the field, LOBs and support partners.
• Excellent interpersonal, motivational, leadership, and organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Strong technical, analytical, and problem solving skills.
• Working knowledge of consumer loan underwriting, processing, closing and regulations.
• Working knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, TIL regulations, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, RESPA regulations, local and state real estate and finance laws, Tax Returns
This position is eligible to earn a base salary in the range of $100,000 to $125,000 annually depending on job-related factors such as level of experience. Compensation for this role also includes eligibility for short-term incentive compensation and deferred incentive compensation subject to individual and company performance. Please click here for a list of benefits for which this position is eligible.
Employees in this job are required to comply with all rules and regulations of The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (The SAFE Act). Employees hired or transferring into this position will need to meet the qualification requirements, in Key's sole discretion, under Reg. Z, prior to acting as a loan originator in a consumer credit transaction secured by a dwelling. Qualification requirements include but are not limited to an assessment of overall financial responsibility, character, and general fitness through review of a criminal background check, credit report, and information about any administrative, civil, or criminal findings by any government jurisdiction.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.