TM will work remote, but needs to be in one of the posting locations.
This individual will work in partnership with the Human Resource, Operations and Professional teams within two Regions. This position will be responsible for supporting and executing the goals outlined by the Senior HR Manager within their respected Regions. These tasks include but are not limited to recruiting/staffing, Workday task management, reporting, employment relation investigations and team member support for issues related to benefits, payroll, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include ongoing development in the following areas. Other duties may be assigned.
- Recruiting – Assist the Field team with resolving issues involving the recruiting process within Workday to include offer letters, background screens, drug tests, etc. This includes partnering with the Recruiting team and the Human Resource Support Center. At times this position could assist with sourcing and interviewing candidates.
- Workday Support – Daily approval of key tasks within Workday to process transactions that involve the hiring process, job changes, terminations, disciplinary actions, compensation requests, etc. In addition, this role will be responsible for identifying key areas of opportunities and provide training, create job aids, etc. to reduce future errors.
- Cross Functional Partnerships – The HRG will be the first contact for Field Team Members to help answer questions and resolve concerns related to payroll, compensation, benefits, leaves, vacation accruals, etc. Partnership with other Human Resource departments will be critical to resolving concerns
- Diversity - Ensure inclusion and an open/equitable work environment for all Team Members related to programs, policies and procedures. Promote diversity in staffing.
- Team Member Relations – Assist the Regional Human Resource team with employment relation issues and investigations, including corrective action, performance management and succession planning. Assist investigations of unfair treatment/discrimination charges, harassment complaints, wrongful terminations, wage/hour issues and other potential legal matters. Monitor and analyze Team Member retention and other HR metrics. Coordinate Retail Team Member survey process, as well as support and assist business partners in creation/implementation of survey action plans.
- HR Policy/Strategy - Partner in the development and implementation of Retail HR policies and procedures, including the creation and delivery of training/communication programs as needed. Assist in the coordination of updates to handbook/procedures manual as needed.
- Compliance – Assist with the implementation and monitoring of compliance of existing company policies and programs such as postings, orientation, retention, exit interviews, substance abuse testing and revisions to handbooks/manuals and orientation materials. Complies with all federal, state, and local laws, as well as all Company policies and procedures.
- Communication - Provide information to business partners in a timely and effective manner utilizing standard communication tools identified for all levels of the organization. Utilize HRIS system to ensure effective and appropriate reports are in place to analyze business needs and act proactively to impact change. Participate in weekly, monthly and quarterly Regional meetings and other communication meetings as needed. Regularly reports Team Member relations issues/activities to Director of Retail Human Resources and Regional Vice-Presidents; keeps HR Director and Regional Vice-Presidents apprised of relevant Team Member communications/morale issues
- Compensation & Benefits - Act as a resource to business partners regarding compensation and benefit issues. Coach management on salary increase recommendations and new hires, promotions and other staffing changes.
- Team Member Recognition - Work with RVP & Regional Operations partners to identify effective ways to recognize Team Members. Design strategies to improve overall morale while measuring and assessing the level of improvement.
- Experience: 3+ years HR experience. Retail, Supply Chain and/or corporate experience preferred.
- Specialized Knowledge Needed: Knowledge of state and federal employment laws (i.e. EEO, FMLA, Wage & Hour), recruiting, interviewing and/or counseling/coaching skills, and strong training/presentation skills. High level of business/financial acumen also required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, decision making, development/planning, performance gap analysis and conflict management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software required.