Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
The Human Relations Manager is the Champion of People, Diversity, and Inclusion for the Plant supporting the Plant Manager, local leadership and hourly associates on three shifts. The HR Manager is responsible for the HR function by providing best in class services that facilitate greater effectiveness throughout the bakery.
The successful candidate should have strong labor relations experience, a proven HR leadership background and will need to be an engaged and transparent business partner. In addition, have the ability to influence leadership and ability to link business objectives back to organizational effectiveness.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Policy Management: Interpret Company Policies and CBA’s representing the organization in personnel and employment law compliance related investigations, grievances and hearings.
- Labor Relations: Prepare for and serve as the company’s spokesperson on union contract negotiations and administer the provisions of the collective bargaining agreement. This includes providing ongoing advice to management personnel on labor relation matters.
- HR Operations: Manage the maintenance of HR files and I-9’s for compliance.
- Performance Management: Transparent partner by working with the people managers to determine the appropriate course of action with regard to staffing, hiring, performance management, safety or/or attendance concerns. Partner as a coach with salaried leaders and participate in hourly meetings with supervisors and employees. Lead the process and communication for annual merit and performance reviews.
- HR/Organization Consulting: Including change management facilitation and organizational consulting with all levels of employees supporting our Manufacturing Transformation goals.
- Employee Programs: Including administering the annual Benefits Open Enrollment Process, Safety Perception survey, and answering and responding timely to associates HR inquiries
- Talent Acquisition: Create, deliver and manage an annual hourly staffing plan. Manage the pipeline of key talent for BBU by managing open positions through the full recruitment life cycle for hourly level positions within the facilities. Responsible for compliance management for the recruitment files (e.g., resumes, interview notes, calibration and selection process).
- Centralized recruiting: Act as the HR point of contact in the plant to support the recruiting for salaried positions managed through Centralized Recruiting. Maintain, deliver and continuously improve an effective onboarding program for new hires aligned with corporate and local requirements driving retention of top talent.
- Talent Management: Own and drive the process for the Plant in regards to associate profiles, goal setting, development plans, midyear reviews, annual goal evaluation and succession planning.
- Employee Learning & Development: Conduct new employee orientation sessions and other HR related training programs such as Leadership Transformation, 2020 GB Leader, Labor and Respect in the Workplace. Facilitate new hire safety orientation training and additional training needs assessments as needed by the Plant.
- Standard Leader Work: HRBP supporting Manufacturing Transformation.
- Employee Relations: assisting HR Manager with developing and implementing effective Positive Employee Relations programs. Employee event planning and administration of Rewards & Recognition.
- Systems: Manage monthly HRIS audits and Requisitions. Create and report out on HR metrics identifying key trends and the ability to recommend improvements.
- Administration: Manage headcount, turnover, exit interviews, attendance tracking, and invoice processing. Maintain current job descriptions as positions evolve with management regarding staffing and organizational needs.
- Develop and provide supervisory and leadership training.
- Travel of approximately 25% expected.
Salary Range : $80,000 - 93,000
Paid Time Off
Benefits: Healthcare ; 401k Company Match
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.