Who We Are: Steamboat- Ski Town, U.S.A. ® is known as the friendliest mountain destination in the world, thanks to our western heritage and welcoming staff. We pride ourselves on hiring the best employees and providing the best experience in the industry. Our employee satisfaction scores top the charts and we have employees who choose to work for the resort for 2, 5, 10, 20 plus years. Fair warning, starting a job at Steamboat could lead to endless fun, lifelong friendships and a rooted sense of community.
Who We’re Looking For: Friendly folks who want to work at the best ski resort, play in Champagne Powder and meet friends from around the world. Our culture is supportive, challenging, passionate and committed and we believe that diversity makes us stronger. We are looking for unique individuals who exemplify these qualities and care about each other, our mission, our environment, and our communities. If you like to provide incredible guest service with a friendly attitude, you’re ready to join our team. If your dream job includes skiing and riding, interacting with guests, rewarding work, free concerts, fireworks, employee parties and more-we’d love to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits: Steamboat offers many exciting perks and benefits including a Steamboat ski pass for you and eligible dependents, competitive compensation, free bus passes to surrounding areas, retail/rental discounts, food & beverage discounts, industry pro deal discounts, friends & family discounted tickets subject to restrictions, reservations and/or blackout dates. Steamboat also offers access to employee housing (based on availability and employment status), a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, Employee Assistance Program, Accrued Sick Pay and a chance to learn and advance within Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp. Steamboat employees are also eligible for discounted tuition with partner online universities for all Alterra Mountain Company employees to further their education.
The Human Resources office at Steamboat Ski & Resort is in need of an Administrative Assistant starting in October. This position will require one (1) year of previous office experience with HR recruiting/admin experience preferred. Spanish speaking a plus!
Detailed job description, including responsibilities, work performed, tools or equipment used, etc.:
- Greet and assist applicants and staff with employee questions, and paperwork process via walk-ins, phone and email
- Provide assistance for employees with Perks & Deals programs including: Experticity eligibility, bus passes, discounts, Real Deal, etc.
- Daily processing of employee data by using UltiPro in accordance with the standard operating procedures. Check for completeness and consistency of current wage plan (e.g., ensure correct job type & step, job titles, wages, wage ranges). Contacts supervisors for clarification or any discrepancies.
- Walk employees through online onboarding process
- Assist with company and department orientation programs, employee parties, or other support as requested
- Maintain and update employee files
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as any regulatory requirements. Exercise strict confidentiality with all information including but not limited to personnel information including wage data, medical information, performance management information and EEO information at all times
- Attend team meetings, as required
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum skills, experience, and education for this job:
- One-year general office experience required
- Previous Human Resources recruiting/administrative experience preferred
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have excellent computer data entry skills
- Maintain high degree of confidentiality
- Ensure understanding and compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as any regulatory requirements
- Interact and maintain positive relationships with guests, co-workers and management consistent with SSRC’s Service Excellence standards.
- Read, write and communicate in English in a clear and professional manner; Spanish a plus
- Must sit for long periods of time
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Resume required
- This is an hourly paid position subject to overtime pay
- Position may be required to work weekends and holidays as needed
- Employment for this job is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check
- Pursuant to county and/or state orders and company policies, every employee is required to self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms, practice social distancing, wash hands frequently, wear a mask per current guidelines, self-report and call in immediately and stay home if sick and assist with sanitizing and disinfecting work areas. Employees must follow all resort mitigation plans and protocols, which can be found posted on resort buildings and on Beekeeper
The base hourly range below represents the low and high end of the Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation hourly range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term and long-term incentives and many region-specific benefits.
Steamboat area base hourly rate: $18.00 per hour
Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer