Put your heart to work at AbleLight! Come and join our Human Resources team!
The HR Advisor provides day to day support for the business on general HR questions and employee relations issues / investigations. This role will guide front-line leaders on coaching and supporting staff on employee relations, performance management, policy interpretation. With guidance from the Regional HRBP, the HR Advisor will play an instrumental role in supporting talent management and employee retention initiatives.
We are currently looking for 2 HR Advisors to join our Human Resources team. In this role, you must reside in either Southern California or near Englewood/Denver area to be able to meet and build relationships with all levels of employees within our programs.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field or 5 years of direct experience and other education commensurate with education requirement.
- 3-5 years direct experience in HR Employee Relations / Generalist role
- Multi-state/multi-site experience in a large national organization is preferred
- Knowledge of California or Colorado employment law experience
- Prior experience in the IDD industry a plus
- Ability to act as an objective HR partner to front line leaders and employees.
- Strong project and time management skills
- Ability to foster relationships with employees at all levels within the organization;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet established goals and objectives
- Strong interpersonal, persuasion and creative problem skills are required.
- In-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to management of employees and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Experience working with multi-state employers, preferred.
- Hybrid – ability to travel to meet with leaders and staff within designed programs within California or Colorado
- Health and Wellness: Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits starting the first of the month following 30 days of employment and access to Teledoc
- Financial Wellness: 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan with 3.5% matching contributions, Health Savings Account, Flexible Savings Account, and Basic Life, AD&D, STD, and LTD insurance
- Work/Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Work Location: Hybrid – partial remote office with the ability to travel to meet with leaders and staff within our designated programs within California or Colorado
- Provides day-to-day guidance, coaching and support to management and staff regarding employee relations issues, performance management, policies and procedures and interpretation of employment laws, while maintaining a positive employee-employer relationship and promoting a high level of employee engagement.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Partners with front line leaders on retention initiatives
- Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations ensuring in-depth and appropriate documentation.
- The HR Advisor collaborates and consults with the Regional HRBP for guidance as needed.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation to employees and front-line leaders.
- Partners with the Regional HRBP to implement employee retention initiatives.
- Facilitates response to unemployment claims.
- Collaborates with leave management specialists on appropriate accommodation requests, return to work and worker's compensation programs at a state level.
- Coordinates and delivers regional/state training initiatives as they relate to HR
- Responsible for administering and monitoring termination paperwork, exit interview/employee survey process.
- Creates and maintains necessary reporting required for each state or region.
- Other duties as assigned.
Be part of a team who enhances the lives of our individuals in every way possible. Apply today and make a difference in your community!