EMPLOYMENT VALUE PROPOSITION: Mental Health Center of Denver provides you with the support you need to help you develop a career in helping others succeed. We innovate, adapt, and leverage the diverse perspectives of the people on our team and the people we serve in everything we do.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSIVENESS: The Mental Health Center of Denver values and is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to ending bias and discrimination in our community and ensuring equity within all aspects of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, transfer, or promotion opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
COMMITMENT TO PAY EQUITY: Mental Health Center of Denver is committed to fair and equitable hiring with salaries based on relevant factors, such as work experience, education, and certification/licensure (rather than wage history). Toward the principle of equal pay for equal work, we post and hire within defined hiring salary ranges. We ask all applicants to carefully review the hiring salary range for each posted job opportunity, as we will not hire outside the predetermined range.
Learn what it is like to work at the Mental Health Center of Denver:
STARTING SALARY: $22.60/hr - $26.45/hr
POSITION SUMMARY: Perform a variety of support on projects, and administrative tasks within the Human Resources Department. Support Director of Human Resources and HR Managers with the completion of projects, assignments in one or more competency area including, but not limited to: Human Resourced Information Systems (HRIS), Employment, Recruitment, Benefits, Compliance, Record Management, etc. Each Human Resource Associate will specialize in at least one HR area and cross-train in one or more of the above areas. This position also supports/provides coverage for the central office receptionist as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Complete HR data entry and reporting as needed.
- Serve as back-up for central office reception (breaks, occasionally lunch, and covering additional time in special circumstances/events).
- Maintain Outlook calendar for Director of HR for tasks and meetings as appropriate.
- Adheres to all industry compliance requirements.
- Cross trains in several functional areas or specific duties, processes, as assigned.
- Enters purchases and reimbursements into the organization’s purchasing systems, audits purchases and receipts for approval.
- Follows all procedures, processes, and directives accurately.
- Maintain a trauma informed environment of wellbeing.
- Other duties as assigned by V.P. of HR and Director of HR.
- Pre-boarding and on-boarding of candidates who have been offered position.
- Accurately enters all new hire data setting them up in the HRIS system and On-boarding system.
- Background checks and assessments
- Insures all required employment documents are received and completed correctly.
- Responsible for all aspects of new hire orientation.
- Conduct exit interviews for employees who are leaving the organization, including but not limited to: collection of company property, termination paperwork, exit survey.
- Enter Catalytic Coaching (evaluation) records into HR database.
- Tracks property and education contracts in HRIS system.
- Accurately and timely provides COBRA documents to terminated employees.
- Conducts new hire benefits enrollment meetings.
- Track and administer the release of Paid Time Off for probationary/benefits eligible employees.
- Scans medical/benefit documents into Laserfiche.
- Tracks TB, Adult Health Evaluations, and pre-employment screenings; and, obtains related documentation from health carrier portals.
- Tracks Tuition Reimbursement agreements in HRIS system.
EDUCATION: Minimum of high school diploma or equivalency. Some college or post-high school education preferred.
- 3-5 yrs. previous related office and/or customer service experience required.
- 2 years of Human Resources, Applicant Tracking Systems, Benefits Administration, New Hire Orientation, and/or HRIS systems experience preferred.
- 1 year of experience working on multiline phone system (4+ lines) preferred.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge or ability to learn and practice trauma informed principles and practices.
- Strong customer service, organization, adaptability, professional appearance and demeanor. Positive and proactive attitude.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) - ability to effectively interact with internal and external customers while maintaining composure during stressful situations.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks. Detailed oriented and organized is a must. Good time management skills.
- Adept with various software including but not limited to: Coupa, Relias, UltiPro, MS Word, MS Excel, Adobe Pro or other Adobe products, Laserfiche, Career Builder, Recruit Text, Glassdoor, Text Recruit, Cognos reporting system.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment. Must be able to work in a diverse work environment with people from all walks of life.
- Type 50 WPM, Internet, Microsoft Office computer experience with word processing, spreadsheets, and similar programs.
- Experience working on a multi-line phone system.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 40 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, the telephone and other office and/or clinical equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS: May require occasional evening or weekend hours.