If you are a Human Resources professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Boulder, CO location, you will be an important member of the Coriolis Leadership Team and will be responsible for leading the HR function for the Coriolis business.
This position works alongside the Measurement Solutions leadership team to help develop HR strategy and provide relevant insights on people-related dynamics to improve business performance and outcomes. This position works closely with (and reports to) the Vice President Human Resources, Measurement Solutions to ensure collaboration and coordination across all sites globally.
The Human Resources Director acts as an advisor on people and leadership matters with a particular emphasis in employee engagement, performance management, talent management, succession planning and organizational effectiveness.
AS A HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR YOU WILL:
- Provide leadership for human resources programs and systems in accordance with the Measurement Solutions HR strategic initiatives.
- Partner with management to provide HR expertise as well as architect new programs to achieve business goals
- Provide leadership for the training initiatives and assure the development and execution training plans through coordination with Emerson training resources
- Establish standards and measures to determine the effectiveness of HR generalist and training programs.
- Ensure the site HR function is staffed appropriately and that people are being developed and trained to perform their duties effectively.
- Ensure compliance with applicable EEO and employment laws.
- Develop and monitor the financial budget for items within areas of responsibility.
- Coordinate All-Employee meetings with speakers, including President, GM, and Vice Presidents.
- Leads the design and implementation of programs, policies, and strategies tailored to meet Organizational Development needs and program goals.
- Support the recruiting process through requisitioning and interviewing of all manager-level and above positions.
- Participation in Leadership Programs, including Women in STEM, Engineers in Leadership, Corporate MBAs, and MBA internships
- Facilitate Organizational Review and Talent Review processes
- Provide consultative services to managers and employees regarding organizational development efforts and career development
- Administer and provide feedback of 360 performance appraisals for employee development
- Assist with completion of yearly Affirmative Action Plans
- Leads and organizes Employee Opinion Survey and Pulse Survey initiatives. Creates and implements subsequent action plans from employee feedback.
- Design and implement fiscal year Communications Plan, reinforcing commitment to drive open and effective communication
- Assist in other HR functions as required.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You act with a clear sense of ownership.
- You relate comfortably with people across levels, functions, cultures, and geography. You are sensitive to how people and organizations function.
- You attract and select diverse and high caliber talent.
- You facilitate an open dialogue with a wide variety of contributors and stakeholders.
- You work out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably.
- You know what motivates different people and align work accordingly.
- You give others appropriate latitude to get work done.
- You persist in the face of challenges and setbacks.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10 years of experience in Human Resources generalist functions
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Industrial Relations, Business Administration, or related field
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative, and perform effectively in a heavily matrix environment
- History of successfully coaching leaders
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills required
- Ability to interact with high-level management and employees from a variety of backgrounds/disciplines
- Must have strong HR generalist background, including knowledge of EEO/AAP and general employment laws, effective OD and training methods, and continuous improvement process
- Demonstrated ability to drive results
- Strong and objective analysis and decision-making skills
- Familiarity with the Korn Ferry Leadership Architect tool
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.