Lakeshore Talent is currently seeking a Human Resources Director for one of their clients, a large company based in Greenwood Village, CO. This is a fully remote, direct hire position and pays $120K-130K (depending on experience) with eligibility for a 20% annual bonus.
We are seeking a Human Resources Director responsible for planning, leading, and coordinating the policies, activities, and teams within the HR Operations functions. This role oversees the HR Operations and Benefits Departments which support a large national workforce of contingent and temporary workers. The HR Director is expected to provide impeccable customer service through prompt response to internal and external customers, while providing leadership to a team of 5 employees. This position reports to the SVP, Global Human Resources. We are a group of diverse, fun, creative, and motivated people who are tackling complex human capital management challenges and delivering world-class solutions to our enterprise clients. If you have a desire to be part of a great team, in an exciting and growing space, you’ll want to explore this opportunity.
- Reviews current processes and procedures for efficiency and accuracy. Continually makes recommendations on improvements and opportunities within department.
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, and initiatives to support the organization’s human resource compliance, benefits, and strategy needs.
- Administers or oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compliance; regulatory updates; benefits; leave of absences; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; training and onboarding/offboarding processes.
- Monitors and ensures the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Develop, implement, and communicate human resource policies to a national workforce operating in all 50 states.
- As the subject matter expert, advise client representatives on employee background screening results and determine eligibility for employment in accordance with applicable law.
- Prepare and present training guides and/or webinars based on new legislation or updates processes to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure maintenance, updating and implementation of handbooks, policies, procedures, and guides.
- Oversees client and employee communications for benefits, compliance updates, processes, and enhancements.
- Reviews and analyzes the benefits programs to determine employee needs, trends, regulations, and practices, and develops competitive programs and services to meet company goals of the organization.
- Directs preparation and distribution of written and verbal information to inform employees of benefits programs such as insurance plans, pension plans, 401(k), life and special employer-sponsored plans.
- Handles HR and Benefits escalations from clients and employees and resolves appropriately. Proactively escalates to SVP HR, as needed.
- Responsible for relationships and accountability of benefits plan administrators and advisors.
- Ensures benefit plan compliance with ERISA, DOL, IRS, etc.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality due to exposure and availability to sensitive information.
- Facilitates professional development, training, and certification activities for HR team.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Additional responsibilities as needed
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new team members in the department.
- Oversees the daily workflow and efficiencies of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance and development feedback.
- Bachelors Degree required (HR, Business or related field); Masters Degree preferred
- Human Resources Certification (SHRM, HRCI)
- At least 10 years experience in HR leadership role overseeing compliance and benefits
- Must have experience with the following:
- Employee Relations: Advice, mitigation & risk, collaboration
- Compliance: Hosting trainings, tracking, communication w/ bus. partners, putting together Co. newsletters, a pro-active spirit w/ strong knowledge of HR & employment world
- Benefits Admin: negotiation of pricing and overseeing benefits plans and retirement plans, overseeing renewals
- Knowledge of industry PPO & staffing experience preferred
- Strong experience with employment/regulatory compliance and benefits administration at a large national organization
- Superior communication (both oral and written)
- Attention to detail with an emphasis on accuracy
- Strong orientation to quality, continuous improvement and customer service
- Ability to lead and manager through a fast-paced, high-change environment