Under general supervision, the Generalist will perform HR-related duties on a professional level and work closely with HR management in supporting functional areas with the HR department. Areas of responsibility include recruiting, performance and talent management, training and development, employee relations, and compliance. This position requires interpersonal and leadership skills such that the incumbent is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization and influencing appropriate outcomes. The generalist must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and business needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruitment and onboarding including partnering with hiring managers to facilitate compliance and good decision making.
- Respond to and investigate employee relations issues including concerns, complaints, harassment allegations, and civil rights complaints.
- Coach and direct managers on issues including talent development, coaching, goal setting, performance, and discipline.
- Conduct exit interviews and other offboarding activities.
- Partner with HR team to develop and document procedures to streamline processes and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Identify training needs and provide training either by building and delivering training or sourcing outside vendors and facilitating training.
- Research and analysis of industry trends and best practices and assist in the development of programs to meet employee needs, support organizational goals, promote employee engagement and satisfaction, and reduce turnover.
- Responsible for HR documentation including creation, delivery, and retention.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations as well as company policies, practices, and guidelines.
What We Offer
- This position is expected to pay $80,000 - $89,000 annually; depending on skills, experience, education, and any certifications that are directly related to the position.
- Our health and welfare benefits are designed to invest in you and in the things you care about.
- We offer a 401k with a generous match, student loan repayment assistance, tuition reimbursement.
- To care for your wellbeing, we offer paid vacations and holidays, monthly wellness financial incentives, Employee Assistance Program.
- Health care offerings include medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, health savings account, flexible spending accounts.
- To assist you in leveraging the health care benefits, we offer personal health advocates, tele-medicine, surgery concierge services, diabetes care.
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, basic term life and accidental death and dismemberment coverage are provided at no cost. Optional coverages available include supplemental life insurance and supplemental accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of related work experience.
- Any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Verbal and Written Communications.
- Time Management.
- Business Acumen.
Licenses, Registration, and Certifications
- HR certification preferred but not required.