Why work for us?
Driven by our purpose: Building progress for people and the planet. We are transforming to become the leader in innovative and sustainable building solutions. Holcim US offers an unparalleled range of innovative cement, aggregates, asphalt, concrete products and construction services that have been the foundation for infrastructure projects across the globe. To move the industry forward to a greener future we need people who are passionate about sustainability, are driven to shape and influence perception and keen to build, grow and thrive in our high-performance culture. Are you ready to build progress with us?
About the role:
The Human Resources Manager works as a business partner with functional managers in the development of human capital plans and strategy. The incumbent will support the Human Resources Director and functional managers with identifying key HR issues and developing action plans to support the business objectives. This role will support the Mountain region in Golden, Colorado.
What you'll be doing:
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Supports the HR Director through implementation of HR strategy to assure appropriate employee resources are available to achieve planned results. Works with line managers to identify organizational issues that impact the attainment of business objectives.
- Responsible for partnering with and coaching managers on all people management activities including talent management processes such as Individual Development Plan (IDP), annual performance appraisal, annual bonus & merit increase processes, staffing, learning and development, compliance and employee/labor relations.
- Actively participates in the selection and recruitment of exempt positions. Recommends selection of candidates as well as preparing compensation packages and employment terms.
- Supports the HR Director with campus recruiting activities.
- Engages managers in actively managing and developing future talent.
- Based on the business development needs, works with the HR Director to identify training & development opportunities and resources required for targeted employee populations.
- Assists managers in addressing employee performance issues and providing consultative support as required. Supports implementation of Corporate Human Resources programs and policies for the business.
- Works with the business and appropriate company resources to resolve any litigation or legal issues.
- Actively engages in communications with other HR team members around best practices and identifies opportunities to create consistency where necessary. Works with the HR Shared Services group to identify and implement processes necessary to eliminate duplication of work and reduce overall administrative burden.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
- This position will interact with supported EXCO members, Directors and managers across all supported functions. Through project work, may have exposure to CEOs and both Cement and ACM operational leaders
- This role will have a high level of interaction with HR Directors, business managers and HR Coordinator.
- The incumbent must have ability to build relationships and get up to speed quickly on needs of the business and offer solutions.
We're looking for:
Required Education: Bachelor's/University Degree
Preferred field of study: Human Resources or Business
Required Work Experience: 5-7 progressive HR generalist/business partner experience; Manufacturing/Construction or related industry experience preferred.
Travel Requirements: 10%
Preferred Licenses/Certifications: PHR, SPHR or SHRM-CP
What we Offer...
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Generous Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Holistic health & well-being programs for physical, mental/emotional and financial health with access to resources and benefits to help focus on staying well through education and prevention
- Medical, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance coverage
- Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) & Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) for health and dependent Care
- Vision and other voluntary benefits and discounts
- Retirement Savings Choose from 401(k) pre-tax and/or Roth after-tax savings
- Paid Parental Leave (Maternity & Paternity)
- Educational Assistance Program
Estimated Wage Range