Amotec is searching for compassionate, qualified RN healthcare professionals to serve as Infusion Nurses for patients in your area. Please see the position details below and respond to this ad today for immediate consideration. This position is a p.r.n. position.
Infusion Nurse Job Description
- Performs a complete assessment of the assigned patient's ongoing physical and emotional status, level of competency, home environment, safety factors, and family support available to assist with the care and needs of the patient.
- Reports to supervisor on services rendered, problems concerning patient's needs and resolution to those needs; reports to the physician any changes in the patient's condition and reaction to treatment.
- May participate in the patient care planning conference and revision of Plan of Care as changes occur.
- Provides information on patient rights, reimbursement procedures, and patient/family rights.
- Initiates and applies appropriate preventative, therapeutic, and rehabilitative nursing procedures and techniques as ordered by the physician.
- Administers IVIG medications and intravenous solutions.
- Completes all documentation in a timely manner; maintains patient clinical records and reports in accordance with company policies and as required.
- Trains patients and/or caregivers in all procedures and equipment; counsels patients and family members regarding patient care needs.
- Must be able to start an IV and be able to access a port.
- Must be able to train and teach on Sub Q Injections.
Infusion Nurse Job Requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of nursing processes and principles
- Proficiency in IV insertion, vascular access devices, and infusion pumps
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A graduate of an accredited school of nursing; BSN preferred; current BCLS certification required.
- Current licensure by the state in which the nursing services are provided.
- Normally requires a minimum of four years of IVIG or home care experience.
At Amotec, placing quality individuals with successful companies is the core focus of our business. Apply today!