A cutting-edge Data Center Infrastructure firm in the Denver Tech Center area is seeking to add to its staff an experienced IT / Network Engineer.
This is a temporary-to-permanent role; direct hire will be considered for the right candidate!
This is a fully onsite role. Candidates must be open to travel up to 25% of the time and open to on-call support.
Salary: $50-53/hr., plus bonus eligible after permanent hire!
As the IT / Network Engineer, you will be responsible for design improvement iniatives, and support of the operation of the production and corporate network infrastructure.
This includes planning, re-designing, installing, configuring, maintaining, and optimizing all network hardware, software (IOS), and communication links while assuring maximum network availability.
The Engineer will: test and evaluate network systems to eliminate problems and improve reliability; provide third-level support, diagnosing and resolving complex network problems; consult with customers on projects, translating requirements into a project plan and managing the project through completion; provide support for all Corporate IT systems, desktops, OS, LAN and voice support.
- Analyze customer requirements and create Technical Approach documents, detailing hardware requirements, configurations, with various solutions.
- Analyze, diagnose, and resolve complex network problems as part of third level support. On-call 24x7x365
- Consult with Colocation customers on a regular basis, gathering project requirements and developing cost effective solutions.
- Create Root Cause analysis reports on major incidents affecting customer service.
- Support internal corporate user community with desktop/laptops, mobile devices, office applications, voice, LAN technologies.
- Serve as third-level support technician to assist in the diagnosis and resolution of customer outages and chronic customer problems. May have to take the lead on crisis calls.
- Liaise with vendors (Verizon, AT&T, Time Warner, Cisco etc.) on new technologies, recommending new, cost effective solutions and technologies to improve reliability and service.
- Develop documentation for new installations that will be used to support the colocation environment and network.
- Develop, enhance and maintain network design layouts that are reviewed for problem analysis and resolution.
- Responsible for developing daily/monthly/quarterly reports for senior management and customer review on the performance of network services.
- Mentor junior Network Engineers and update existing process and procedures.
- Responsible for the support of all corporate LAN technologies, VoIP, wireless
- Provide end user support on Desktops, Printers, Telephone, Applications to Onsite and Remote users
- Ensure desktop and laptop computers interconnect seamlessly with systems including file servers, email servers, and application servers
- Minimum of seven years planning and supporting a large Cisco centric network is essential.
- Strong hands-on experience supporting multi-vendor platform (Cisco, Juniper, etc.), configuring routers, firewalls and switches, and troubleshooting networks.
- Comprehensive understanding of TCP/IP and routing protocols (BGP, EIGRP, RIP)
- Proven implementation and understanding of current WAN topologies (SONET, MPLS, Frame Relay, etc.)
- Proficient with Telecom and PSTN technologies (data and voice, DS-1, DS-3, ISDN/PRI, etc.)
- Knowledge of Network security technologies and solutions, ensuring network security and integrity. (Checkpoint etc.)
- College educated (4+ years) in computer/network related field.
- Possesses and maintains current knowledge and understanding of Network Protocols (TCP/IP, frame relay, VPN, SSL BGP, EIGRP, ISIS)
- Excellent knowledge of logical data flow for physical Network and Logical host. This will assist in designing, diagnosing issues and problem solving.
- Experience in deploying and supporting wireless technologies.
- Experience in the convergent technologies (voice, video)
- Strong understanding of Telco transport terminology and concepts required (MPLS, Frame, OC-x, DWDM, SONET, etc.)
- Working knowledge of security products. (firewalls, IPS, Virus software)
- Comprehensive understanding of data center best practices and cabling standards.
- Proven leadership skill.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Must be a self-starter, and be able to work in a fast paced constantly changing environment.
- The ability to work well in a team environment or independently with minimal supervision.
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems (Windows XP/7/8) and Microsoft Office Suite 2003/2007/2010/2013 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.)
- Working knowledge of SQL DB.
- Working Knowledge of PC Hardware, Server, and software technologies.
- Working Knowledge of Apple products - a plus
- Working Knowledge of PBX systems (Avaya)– a plus
- CCNA, CCNP, CCIE
- BICSI Certification
- CISSP Certification
- MCSE Certification
- Working Knowledge of Apple products
- Working Knowledge of PBX systems (Avaya)
- College educated (4+ years) in computer/network related field
Interested? Please email resume to Nora Sapone at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for immediate consideration!
Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.