At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
Are you a critical thinker that gathers and synthesizes data/information to analyze and formulate a viewpoint? Do you enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and are detail-oriented with the ability to effectively execute assurance activities? The Enterprise Technology Audit Group is building an IT team of the future that supports the global coverage of Wells Fargo Information Technology. We are seeking inquisitive, solution-oriented professionals that are adaptable to change and are willing to engage in continuous improvement in the team.
As a Senior Auditor at Wells Fargo you will work to identify risks and communicate clearly with cross functional partners across offices, time zones and possibly hemispheres. You will be part of a team of control experts who deliver objective and reliable results. You will be part of a highly competent and diverse team that provides independent and objective assurance, proactively monitors and address project management activities associated with audit execution, while leveraging data analytics to drive efficiency and effectiveness.
Audit brings a systematic disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. Our Enterprise Technology Audit Group (ETAG) is seeking a Senior Auditor who will support the audit coverage of Wells Fargo's core technology environments (e.g., Mainframe, Midrange, Distributed, Database, Data Center, etc.), IT Service Operations, and Technology Resiliency & Disaster Recovery.
In this role, you will:
- Dive deep into the details of your audits to develop meaningful findings and make recommendations that help in communicating technology and business risk. You must be able to understand complex technology and business landscape and identify the full range of risks related to processes, regulatory compliance, organization, and technology.
- Plan, design and execute independent audit testing to assess sufficient and appropriate risk mitigation and control effectiveness.
- Identify opportunities to improve audit strategies, including the use of data analytics and be part of the solution.
- Through your work and with strong sense of controllership, you will be a champion for positive change. Demonstrate an accountability and solution-oriented mindset to deliver high quality work products and apply strong project management skills.
- Execute and document work in accordance with Wells Fargo Audit Services policy and guidance.
- Identify compensating controls that mitigate audit findings and make recommendations to management.
- Demonstrate curiosity, professional skepticism, collaboration, and teamwork.
- Coach more junior team members.
- Develop business partnerships within Internal Audit and with teams companywide through professional communication and clear audit deliverables.
Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years of Audit, Risk experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- Audit experience within one of the following areas: Information security, IT governance, risk management or application security
- 2+ years of IT Audit experience
- Experience at a like-sized financial institution or accounting firm
- A BS/BA degree or higher in a related field such as Accounting, Financial, Computer Science, or Information Systems/Management Information Systems
- Certification in one or more of the following: CISA, CISSP, CISM or other technology audit related certifications
- Knowledge of IT, information security, and control frameworks (e.g., NIST Cybersecurity Framework and 800-53, CIS Top 20 Critical Security Controls, FFIEC IT Examination Handbooks, COBIT, FedRAMP, ISO 2700x, ITIL).
- Experience with Distributed server platform management (Windows, UNIX Operating Systems)
- Experience with Mainframe platform management (z/OS) and Midrange platform management (iSeries)
- Experience database management experience (Oracle, DB2, SQL, etc.)
- Familiarity with server, network, database, and application security hardening
- Experience with Change, problem, and incident management
- Experience with Service Asset and Configuration Management
- Experience with IT Governance
- Experience performing data analysis and analytics
- Strong organizational, multitasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Solid knowledge and understanding of audit or risk methodologies and supporting tools
- Strong understanding of financial regulatory environment
- Understanding of banking products, services, and technologies
- Experience with Issue Validation and Remediation
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
$84,000.00 - $149,400.00 Annual
- Information about Wells Fargo's employee benefits
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.