Since 1912, Sturgeon Electric Company, Inc., a subsidiary of MYR Group, Inc, has provided comprehensive electrical construction services to clients throughout the western U.S. Sturgeon Electric has two divisions, offering both power line construction and commercial/industrial electrical construction, making it a full service electrical provider.
Sturgeon Electric's Commercial and Industrial (C&I) electrical construction division specializes in large-scale commercial electrical projects, telecommunications, traffic signalization, gas distribution, high voltage distribution service and maintenance to clients. Sturgeon Electric has experience performing projects under Integrated Lean Project Delivery methods, and also offers pre-construction services, in-house pre-fabrication capabilities, and Building Information Modeling (BIM) capabilities.
Sturgeon Electric Company, Inc.'s Colorado district has been ranked in The Denver Post's Top Workplace in 2020 for the eighth consecutive year!
The Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) Technician is responsible for the installation, maintenance, and/or repair of ITS and traffic signal systems including traffic signal cabinets, loop detection systems, and traffic signal electronics.
- Installation and preventive maintenance of ITS devices including CCTV, Dynamic Message Signs, Microwave Vehicle Detection, and weather monitoring systems
- Basic understanding of network switches, fiber optic patch panels and cabling used for network devices
- AC / DC Electrical Experience and ability to troubleshoot circuits safely using Multimeters or other test equipment
- Familiar with Cat5/Cat6 and COAX cable terminations and testing
- Thorough knowledge of current desktop technologies and communications software including serial communications, and TCP/IP concept
- Responds to corrective maintenance requests or alarms within an acceptable time frame
- Diagnoses and repairs hardware, software, and system issues
- Isolation of faults in units or components
- Construction experience preferred
- Additional responsibilities as directed by the Foreman/Construction Manager
High school diploma or GED is required
Union Pay & Benefits:
- This will be a union position. Wage is dependent on experience and certifications ($23.67 - 33.82 per hour).
A resume and/or full work history is required for consideration. If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
Position may be subject to pre-employment screening, which may include background check and drug testing. Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process, contact our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group, Inc. and our subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers. We promote diversity of thought, culture, and background, which connects our family of brands. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, or other protected characteristics. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
MYR Group does not sponsor applicants for work visas. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
MYR Group and our subsidiaries do not work with any third-party recruiters or agencies without a valid signed agreement. All communication regarding candidates, submissions, and job openings must be done with through the corporate Talent Acquisition team only. Any violation of these terms may disqualify new agreements or terminate any existing agreement with MYR Group, Inc.