Requisition ID: 113942
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Construction Operations
Employment Type: Full Time
As an ITS Manager you will play a significant part in the success for Kiewit’s MECT District. You will function as a Superintendent and may have responsibility for multiple Foreman, and/or laborers/craft workers. You with be responsible for the organization, work methods, scheduling, cost control, and assignment of work to accomplish the execution of the work. You will also work to maintain positive working relationships with clients, architect/engineer, suppliers, subcontractors, and jobsite staff.
Mass. Electric Construction Co. (MEC) is a subsidiary of the Kiewit Corporation. Since our founding in 1928 in Boston, Massachusetts, Mass. Electric Construction’s philosophy has been to pursue electrical projects that require a higher level of technical and logistical skill. MEC has a 65-year tradition of outstanding performance on some of the nation’s most high-profile transportation projects. To date we have completed over $5 billion of transportation projects throughout North America. With our skilled and dedicated personnel, combined with cutting edge equipment, installation methods and project controls, MEC is setting new standards across every aspect of the market.
One of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs.
- Mentor and help to grow Jr. Superintendents
- Review and approve the balance of Foremen, journeymen and laborer’s composite labor rates
- Manage contract administration (subcontractor/field management meeting for communication)
- Develop a program to maintain good client relations involving staff on site
- Initiate and attend supplementary and regular meeting with client for problem resolution and planning
- Oversee and approve the monthly job cost updates and quarterly cash flow projections
- Review, approve and negotiate change orders
- Develop and implement a plan for project completion and turnover
- Maintain daily diary for record keeping purposes
- Ensure that all performance evaluations and completed in a timely fashion for direct reports
- Recommend, where appropriate, organizational, policy and procedural or staff changes
- Review and approve or reject promotions up to General Foremen
- 8+ years' construction experience with 3+ years being in a Superintendent/Leadership capacity, preferably with mass transit or rail systems construction
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to quickly learn and understand various processes regarding Kiewit’s policies, procedures and software programs
- Ability to identify and resolve any problems that may arise
- Excellent organizational, administrative, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong experience in Leadership, safety, negotiations, planning, and contract administration
- Experience in light rails, heavy rails or commuter rails required
Base Compensation: $102,000 - $161,000
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.