We are looking for an Industrious, Results Driven Junior Litigation Paralegal with 2+ years of experience to join our ever-growing progressive law firm. Ideal candidate must have excellent communication and organization skills, excellent PC skills, and ability to work proficiently in Word.
Litigation Paralegal Duties Include:
- Establishing, organizing, and maintaining pleadings, attorney trial notebooks, expert witness notebooks, document indexes and lists
- Reviewing and analyzing matters for the purpose of preparing status reports to attorneys and clients
- Participating in interviews of parties, witnesses, and experts and providing assistance with interview memos, written statements, and/or affidavits
- Reviewing and outlining depositions, indexes and summarizing documents
- Providing assistance in the trial of cases including the scheduling of witnesses and tracking exhibits
- Performing assigned legal research tasks using all available resources including libraries and computer data systems
- Proofreading and marking legal documents
- Interacting with clients and maintaining files
Education and Experience
- Completion of a bachelor's degree and/or a paralegal certificate are required for consideration
- 2+ years of related work experience in a law firm environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.