Thomas Cuisine is hiring a Kitchen Supervisor for The Eating Recovery Center!
Joining the Thomas Cuisine team is the next best step on your personal and professional journey. There's always room at our table!
$21.00 - $24.00/hr; full benefits, PTO/vacation time, wellness program, profit-sharing, and more!
The heart and soul of every kitchen, Thomas Cuisine kitchen team members deliver on our promise to prepare scratch-made food, fresh each day. Day or night, you’ll be an integral part of a team working the line, in state-of-the-art kitchens inside hospitals, at upscale senior living communities, and corporate dining facilities.
- Enhance your food knowledge
- Boost your organizational skills
- Execute your job with confidence
- Energize your team
- Maintain strict confidence and professionalism regarding company-related matters.
- Meet attendance guidelines, adhere to regulatory and company departmental policies, and procedures.
- Follow directions from Executive Chef and FSD regarding other related duties.
- Maintain strict following of recipes for all food production and products.
- Able to work all kitchen positions; other areas may be required.
- Monitor all stations and maintain strict use of recipes and portion guides for all food production and products.
- Observation on all food stations to eliminate waste and to have the best and freshest products possible.
- Assist in supervising, training, and coaching all employees to menu specifications, sanitation, food safety, and food handling.
- Maintains daily logs and ensures they are completed daily by kitchen employees and filed with Executive Chef Monthly.
- Counts accurate inventory monthly and presents to Executive Chef.
- Ensures menu and commissary items are produced within timeline requirements.
- Maintains all HACCP standard operating procedures.
- Accurately plan and create all requisitions for vendor orders.
- Receives and examines food products, and supplies to ensure quality and quantity to meet established standards, specifications. Ensures proper storage and organization from all suppliers.
- Ensures the staff has a clean and sanitary workstation/area by practicing the clean as you go method.
- Able to identify and fabricate all meats, raw or cooked for service or functions, as well as other products, but not limited to vegetables, fruits, starches, etc.
- Able to perform all knife skills and cooking methods on proteins, vegetables, starches, and other ingredients according to recipe within the prescribed time frame to complete all service times for patients or client functions in an accurate & rapid manner.
- Maintain all prepared items are labeled with the following information: item inside the container, date item is prepped, quantity prepped, use-by date, and initials of the person who prepped the item.
- Reports directly to Executive Chef and assumes responsibility for kitchen in absence of the Executive Chef.
- A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of foodservice cooking or leadership experience in healthcare, hotels, fine dining setting, or restaurants setting is required.
- Supervisory experience
- Inventory and vendor purchasing experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of P&L accountability and catering experience is preferred.
- ServSafe certification is preferred and will be available to obtain upon hire.
Thomas Cuisine [thomascuisine.com] is ‘on the grow.’ Our passionate, hardworking team delivers a fresh take on foodservice every day.
- We’re the 13th largest contract dining management company in the country [Food Management Magazine].
- We are ranked among the top places to work [The Denver Post].
- We’ve been honored for our outstanding response to COVID [Senior Living Residents Council].
- We’ve been recognized with a Dining Distinction Award [Association of Nutrition and Foodservice Professionals].
Team Members Say
“…so much growth, the opportunities are endless!” “Thomas Cuisine set me up for success.”
“…if you have a love affair with cooking, this is the place for you.”
Thomas Cuisine is an award-winning, privately-held contract food service company operating in 18 states and growing. We advocate the healing power of whole foods. We believe in preparing scratch-made cuisine fresh each day. Our clients include hospitals, upscale senior living communities, and corporate dining facilities. Every Thomas Cuisine team member is an ambassador, carrying out our mission, reflecting our values, and building relationships while "doing the right thing". We seek to make a valuable difference to those we serve- one nutritious meal at a time.
Ready to make a difference and be part of something big? Apply now!
REAL Food | Genuine Service | Enduring Relationships