Aerotek Scientific is actively recruiting for a scientist to conduct exosome reagent development in support its platform for a biotech company in Boulder, CO. This position is responsible for the research and development of affinity-based reagents to support the detection and quantification of exosomes and other nanoparticles using fluorochrome labeled antibodies and fluorescent dyes from both internal and external sources for use on the company's Platforms.
Develop new products and technologies in the area of cytometry related to exosomes and other nanoparticle quantification. Independently plan, direct and execute scientific research and/or development strategies. Independently adapt or modify experimental methods to achieve technical objectives. Anticipate potential problems and design preventative solutions. Determine strategic approach to experimental design. Investigate, create and develop new methods and technologies for project advancement. Critically analyze complex data, interpret and integrate experiment results within project and company objectives. Determines project directives based on data analysis. Maintain complete and thorough documentation in accordance with relevant required standards to support patent applications and defense as well as other international standards (e.g., ISO compliance, GLP/GMP/QSR requirements, etc.). Comply with all company safety regulations and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Ph.D. with industry Postdoctoral training preferred, B.S. with a minimum of 3 years industry experience or Master's Degree with industry experience.
Key knowledge includes:
- In-depth knowledge of immunological reagent science particularly in the areas of chemical conjugations of fluorochromes to proteins (antibodies) and the use of standalone dyes in the labeling of biological materials, cells and vesicles derived from cells.
- Multi-faceted research planning and design.
- Safety, environmental and other regulatory requirements.
- New product development processes.
Key skills/abilities include:
- Demonstrated proficiency in data analysis, research design and the evaluation of new techniques and procedures for manufacturing reagents, systems, products or technologies.
- Solid technical writing skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently required.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to efficiently evaluate, prioritize and handle multiple and changing programs/projects and priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret and summarize scientific results in a clear, concise, accurate manner.
Works in a laboratory environment. Is required to lift up to 60 lbs. May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties. Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials.
Please apply with an updated resume and two professional references
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.