* Properly follow company and OSHA safety procedures.
* Attend safety meetings and participate in safety program.
* General labor duties that may include but not limited to sweeping, shoveling and general clean-up of any area and/or equipment throughout the yard.
* Keep grounds clear of debris while maintaining safety standards.
* Assisting the Kiosk Operator with weighing, sorting, and moving material including general duties involving physical handling of materials, supplies, etc.
* Operate small equipment such as a forklift. Potential to operate larger industrial equipment.
* Perform daily inspections on equipment reporting any defects or needed repairs to supervisor.
* Preparing autos for processing, such as removing of designated parts, fluids, etc.
* Inspect incoming scrap and/or cars, advising customers of accepted and non-accepted scrap and taking deductions as needed.
* Willing to cross-train in other positions and assist other employees as needed.
* Other duties as assigned by your manager.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, non-stop environment while providing excellent customer service.
* Minimum of 1-year previous general labor in heavy manufacturing environments, preferably in the scrap metal or construction industries.
* Experience with Skid Loader/Skid Steer/Forklift preferred.
* Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
* Ability to work standing or walking for up to 12 hours per day.
* Ability to adapt to frequent changes of priority and complete job tasks safely and effectively without constant supervision.
* Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
* Flexible to work overtime, off-hours, weekends, and holidays in an industrial environment which includes being outdoors in all weather conditions.
* Bilingual preferred - Spanish.