Vicente Sederberg LLP is not just a law firm that decided to jump into the cannabis space. We are a cannabis law firm, and we have been at the leading edge of cannabis law and policy since the inception of the regulated cannabis industry. We do not just help clients navigate cannabis and hemp laws and regulations — we help shape those policies, and we have an unparalleled track record of advancing the legal cannabis industry in a dynamic and responsible manner. As Rolling Stone magazine put it, VS is "the country's first powerhouse marijuana law firm."
Our firm and many of our individual team members are widely recognized as leaders in cannabis law and policy. VS is ranked a Band 1 law firm by Chambers and Partners USA in its "Nationwide: Cannabis Law" practice category and five of the firm's partners are individually ranked. And VS received the inaugural award for "Law Firm of the Year - Cannabis Law" at the Chambers USA Awards 2022. Five VS partners were included in the National Law Journal's annual list of "Cannabis Law Trailblazers" in the first two years it was published, and Business Insider named VS one of "the top 7 law firms in cannabis, according to investors, startups and major companies in the booming industry." We were also included in the 2020 list of "Top Cannabis Law Firms" compiled by the Green Market Report and Cannabis Law Report.
The Law Clerk provides support to an assigned practice group or attorney by conducting legal research, assisting with legal matter management, and performing other administrative and clerical duties as requested.
Vicente Sederberg is a team that values the diversity of all stripes. We warmly welcome individuals to our team from all different backgrounds and promote an accepting culture and environment. We especially strive to include those who have been historically disadvantaged.
- Researches law by studying cannabis laws, statutes, regulations, and court opinions, including precedents, reasoning, and trends
- Prepares legal drafts and memorandums
- Organizes information for legal forms and documents
- Gathers materials on legal matters, organize and summaries information
- Assist with managing the legal matter life cycle
- Brief the supported practice group on new laws, decisions, and regulations that impact the cannabis industry
- Must be a registered student at an American Bar Association (ABA) or State accredited Law School
- Must be pursuing a Doctor of Jurisprudence degree
- Must be L1, L2, or L3
- Thorough understanding of the laws, procedures, systems, and rules
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to take directions and self-manage
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Superior research and analytical skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent work ethic
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, or related software
Job Environment and Conditions
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The position requires the employee to frequently sit and operate a computer and telephone with the ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you and to understand the speech of another person.
- General indoor office conditions in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Low noise levels that can increase to moderate during group discussion and/or operation of basic office equipment such as copiers or printers.
Qualified applicants, please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to be considered. This job can be done in Denver, CO, Los Angeles, CA, Boston, Massachusetts, or New York, New York
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Vicente Sederberg LLP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We comply with federal and state disability laws and make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation in the job application or interview process, please contact [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Law Clerk Job Functions Disclaimer
The above statement reflects the general functions of this job and shall not be interpreted as a detailed description of all the work requirements inherent in this role. The immediate supervisor may expand upon the above list if it is determined that additional duties fall within the partners' scope of responsibility.
Applicants should apply via www.vicentesederberg.com/careers.