The Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is seeking a sworn Federal Reserve Law Enforcement Officers (FRLEOs) at the Denver and Omaha Branch locations. FRLEOs protects and safeguards premises, property, personnel, assets and operations of the Bank through customer-focused services as an armed Federal Reserve Law Enforcement Officer. This position may require operating a post; working special law enforcement duties such as securing crime scenes or perimeters around incidents; and/or performing directed law enforcement activities in emergency or crisis circumstances without being relieved for extended periods of times.
• Applications accepted through Thursday, June 24, 2021 with interviews expected to occur in early July.
• The anticipated start date is Tuesday, September 14, 2021.
• Training will occur in at the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City respective Branch locations October 4 – 22, and in Cleveland, OH for three weeks, November 1 – 19.
• Starting salary for this position is dependent on qualifications.
• Protects and safeguards personnel, property, assets, and operations, remaining alert for potential security, property, or safety concerns and initiates the appropriate actions.
• Responds to disturbances and unusual, emergency, or other rapidly evolving events/situations, including potentially life-threatening situations. Uses the appropriate degree of physical force and/or weaponry as situation dictates and makes critical decisions at the scene prior to the arrival of more senior officers.
• Prepares detailed incident reports.
• Controls access to the Bank and high security areas, including inspecting individuals, their property, and/or vehicles.
• Performs interior and exterior security patrols and checks.
• Operates and monitors Bank Law Enforcement and life safety systems and equipment, including but not limited to the closed circuit television system, integrated access control and Law Enforcement alarm systems, x-ray machine and metal detectors, biometric readers, radio system, fire system, public address system, and fire extinguishers.
• May perform rotational roles such as Canine Handler, Instructor, Field Training Officer, etc.
• Performs other duties as assigned.