Responsibilities of the Lead BPU Specialist within Key Equipment Finance (KEF) include providing the highest quality of service to all internal and external customers in the Key Equipment Finance tradition of teamwork, accountability, and customer service. The Lead BPU Specialist is responsible for providing high level operations support in the on-boarding of new business transactions including documentation, booking and funding activities while working closely with many internal and external partners including but not limited to sales, credit, asset management, pricing, legal, tax, booking and payment processing. In providing exceptional service to KEF clients, this position involves reviewing, reconciling, preparing and auditing equipment finance transaction information within established service level agreements. This role will work closely with Contract Managers, peer Account Managers and the Team Leader to ensure all work is processed timely and accurately, escalating issues as appropriate.
This individual will work on a wide variety of equipment finance transactions, including complex and specialty asset transactions, many under tight timeframes to execute closings. This individual is highly skilled at matters related to KEF financing products, deal structuring, accounting principles, collateral, documentation (terms, conditions, negotiation) and works well in a fast paced and constantly evolving environment. This individual should also possess excellent communication (written and verbal), time management, organization and attention to detail skills.
Success criteria include: demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment, strong product, documentation, collateral and ‘deal’ skills. A strong ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also as an effective team member with excellent partnership and collaboration skills. An ability to synthesize significant amounts of information and communicate analyses (verbal and written) with varying degrees of detail. Comfort in terms of working in a client facing role with frequent communication with clients, Key Bank/KEF Partner teams and third parties. Ability to quickly learn and demonstrate proficiency regarding systems and documentation via formal and informal training sessions. Willingness to learn and ability to thrive in a virtual work environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepare equipment finance, documentation packages in conformance with Credit approval requirements and KEF policies, procedures and risk management practices.
- Ability to mitigate KEF risk exposure by recognizing red flags/potential structure, credit and documentation risks and/or escalate issues to the appropriate individual.
- Demonstrate creative thinking skills and ability to develop creative solutions for complex, highly structured, "out of the box" transactions.
- Highly skilled in aggressively owning and completing all facets of the documentation process (client engagement, coordination of internal and external partners and clients, superior communication, etc.).
- Process and book transactions within KEF risk parameters, policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative in daily job functions.
- Demonstrate active engagement by asking questions and show self-help initiative in regards to learning and development.
- Works effectively in a high demand environment, demonstrating the ability to remain calm, positive and professional in emotionally charged situations.
- Displays active engagement and motivation in times of conflict or misunderstandings to respectfully, professionally and timely de-escalate and mitigate the issue at hand.
- Demonstrates a relentless focus on accuracy, attention to detail and “doing things right” the first time.
- May serve as a Subject Matter Expert by providing direction to employees within the Business Unit on questions as they arise.
- Assist with process improvement and efficiency initiatives within the team.
- Provide administrative support of other KEF Account Managers who close transactions by performing a ‘second review’ of their checklists, documentation packages and pre-booking information to ensure accuracy and completeness of the information, and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Successfully navigate and resolve escalation issues (i.e. documentation, pricing, negotiation of terms etc.).
- Other duties, special projects, and reports as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics or Finance, or 3+ years experience documenting financing transaction documentation, or 5+ years of other financial services experience
- Strong technical expertise regarding equipment financing products, documentation (operation), pricing models, collateral perfection, sales/property tax rules and pre-booking systems entries
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and ability to self-prioritize assignments
- Proficiency with various systems and tools used in the business (i.e. nCino, Salesforce, Aspire, DocuSign, Microsoft tools)
- Ability to organize information, recommend solutions, communicate and collaborate with peers and managers
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
This position is eligible to earn a base salary in the range of $50,000 to $75,000 annually depending on job-related factors such as level of experience. Compensation for this role also includes eligibility for short-term incentive compensation and deferred incentive compensation subject to individual and company performance. Please click here for a list of benefits for which this position is eligible.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.