Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Learning Experience Designer on the Teammate Experience and Development team, you’ll design and build objective-driven, action-oriented experiences that support learning and career development for teammates and leaders. This position has a focus on copywriting. You will be responsible for writing copy for multiple channel delivery and creating content that is specific to the needs and personas of our leaders, clinicians and teammates within care delivery organizations.
The ideal candidate will approach every project with a human-centered, design thinking mindset and work effectively in a collaborative environment with clinical and operational subject matter experts as well as designers and other creatives. You’ll be working in a fast-paced business so flexibility is critical for success. We are focused on providing a best-in-class teammate experience that meets the needs of our workforce and business, and you will have a significant role in helping us achieve that goal.
On the Teammate Experience and Development team, we believe teammates come first. We help teammates be their best selves by creating engaging, thoughtfully designed experiences so that they can grow personally and professionally. When we take care of our teammates, they can take care of our patients.
An integral part of this role is alignment with UnitedHealth Group’s mission to help people live healthier lives and to help make the health system work better for everyone, along with our values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Write and produce collateral, instructional material and internal communications
- Blend marketing strategies, creative copywriting and instructional design to create actionable learning campaigns that drive results
- Use the Action Mapping framework to create focused learning solutions that transfer concepts into action
- Work with clinical, operational and business leaders to create content specific to teammate personas and aligned to business needs
- Perform quality assurance reviews and copy editing on deliverables, ensuring technical functionality as well as consistency in voice, style and brand
- Collaborate with teammates to design and implement deliverables
- Approach every project with a human-centered, design thinking mindset
- Manage and execute on every aspect of a project from concept to completion with speed and accuracy
- Work in an agile development process, iterating on ideas and deliverables based on user feedback
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of experience in instructional design, adult education, design consultancy, marketing, communications, content development and/or copywriting
- Portfolio showing relevant work samples such as:
- actionable, results-driven learning solutions
- long and short form writing samples with calls to action (such as email marketing campaigns or website content)
- Practitioner of human-centered design and design thinking
- Ability to thrive in a culture of self-direction and ambiguity
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Word
- Bachelor's degree from a 4-year accredited college or university
- Instructional design certification or degree
- Experience in leadership development, user experience (UX), and/or change management
- Experience in the health care industry
- Eye for detail and consistency in style
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $53,300 to $95,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Learning Experience Designer with Copywriting Expertise, Denver, CO, Colorado, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH