Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Learning Management System Administrator
Under the direction of the Program Manager for the National Institute of Corrections (NIC) Information Center, The Learning Management Systems Administrator provides technical leadership in the support of NIC’s learning management system (LMS) hosted at: https://nic.learn.com/ (Oracle’s LMS Platform). This position is responsible for the support, design, development, implementation, delivery, and maintenance of content, assets, and other resources used for instructional functions. The Learning Management System Administrator is the primary system administrator for NIC’s LMS and oversees the installation of all system updates and upgrades, as well as tools and software integrated with the LMS. Responsible to train NIC staff and be an informational resource for NIC staff and learners.
Tasks and Responsibilities (not all inclusive):
- Works on assignments dealing with the routine and daily operation, use, and configuration of the NIC LMS.
- Manages community areas within the LMS including functionality, appearance, tabs, and settings.
- Identifies and communicates opportunities for process and quality improvements, providing feedback on usage, defects, and suggested enhancements.
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of current technology as it applies to LMS software and systems.
- Maintains procedures and policies to ensure the security and integrity of systems/networks.
- Writes and maintains technical procedures and policy documentation.
- Collaborates with the NIC Academy Division on training needs and opportunities for the expansion of talent development within the organization.
- Acts as an internal consultant by analyzing data and recommending solutions to utilize the LMS to deliver, track training and measure performance to meet organizational objectives. (Must consult with NIC on major changes.)
- Creates and updates resources to train and support learners, NIC Staff, and Information Center Staff on how to use the technology.
- Manages user accounts as needed and assigns user permissions.
- Ensures users are permitted to access the LMS per NIC guidelines and manages account approval and denial process.
- Creates and manages user structures including the creation of user groups and learning cohorts.
- Define and manage user roles, user certificates, and other learning objects.
- Manages course enrollment including progress tracking.
- Publishes and archives online or blended learning solutions, assigns training curricula, and adds and deletes resources.
- Works with the System vendor to manage the course asset library.
- Populates course information and assigns learners.
- Develops and updates standardized tools and reporting for ongoing access to learning information; generates standard and custom reports.
- Analyzes reporting data and recommends strategic direction to NIC, project managers, or others, as appropriate.
- Creates and manages the overall course structure and sets up course programs based on specifications from the instructional designer.
- Manages tracking of course revisions and history.
- Builds online assessments and evaluations in LMS for courses.
- Provides troubleshooting assistance for users regarding user log-ons and passwords.
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues relating to system functionality.
- Serves as point of escalation for support issues, which may include interaction with LMS vendor and other vendor support services.
- Reviews and monitors system performance.
- Works with the instructional technologist and instructional designers to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to access and content.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience as an LMS administrator or in similar position of technical complexity
- Technical skills including troubleshooting, and understanding of directory, file structures, and systems
- Functional knowledge and skills in HTML and CSS
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
- Ability to collaborate with others at all levels of the organization as well as vendors
- Ability to gain new technical skills quickly
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate complex technical concepts in layman’s terms
- Strong customer service skills and ability to professionally collaborate with peers and
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US government issued Security Clearance
- Previous Experience with Oracle’s Learn.com platform
- Familiar with current audio and video formats (MP3, MP4) as well as accessibility (508) compliance.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.