At Optum, the mission is clear: Help people live heathier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone.
LHI is one of 4 businesses under OptumServe. OptumServe provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well - being of Americans. By joining OptumServe you are part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system. LHI was founded in 1999 and acquired by Optum in 2011, LHI specializes in creating and managing health care programs through on - location services, patient - specific in - clinic appointments, telehealth assessments, or any combination based on customer need. LHI's customizable solutions serve the diverse needs of commercial customers, as well as federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Health and Human Services.
There’s an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life’s best work.SM
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (8:00am- 5:00pm CST). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime and weekends.
Our office is located at 328 Front Street, La Crosse, WI 54601 and if you are located within commutable distance of the office, you may also opt to work onsite once Covid restrictions are lifted.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Role will design, develop, implement and maintain a Quality Management Program to include but not limited to: audit management, data analysis, document control and issue resolution.
- Maintain a Quality Management Program including a QA schedule in order to maintain appropriate performance opportunities
- Administer multiple quality reports to ensure quality standards within the department are being upheld
- Analyze and identify trends in data including recommendation for improvements as they relate
- Review orders for quality and accuracy including issue resolution
- Retrieves, evaluates, and tracks quality monitoring of orders and calls for staff in the department in accordance with monitoring program guidelines
- Work with leadership team regarding recommendations to enhance future trainings
- Run and send performance statistics and error reports to staff in the department
- Provide feedback of controlled documents to aid in improving quality
- Works with department leadership to coordinate quality review in order to maintain appropriate performance and feedback opportunities
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years related work experience
- Knowledge of healthcare documentation and terminology
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office programs such as Microsoft Excel (general spreadsheet navigation, data entry and sorting), Microsoft Word (creating and editing word documents), and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar)
- Database experience (maintenance and querying) and working with electronic files and documents
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Associate's degree (or higher) in Medical, Business, Health Information Technology, or related field
- Knowledge of military procedures and protocol
- Knowledge of relevant software, applications and equipment- database and web portal proficiency
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Strong ability to make sound judgement calls and decisions on a daily basis with limited information
- Excellent teamwork and leadership skills
- Strong analytical thinking, multi-tasking, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with individuals at all levels of an organization
- Must be able to problem solve and propose solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to demonstrate an appropriate level of assertiveness in performing work responsibilities under time-sensitive deadlines
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Must be able to work autonomously with minimal direction
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non - clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us. You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/newsroom/addressing-covid.html
Careers with LHI. Our focus is simple. We’re innovators in cost - effective health care management. And when you join our team, you’ll be a partner in impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We’ve joined OptumHealth, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the health system work better for everyone. We’re located on the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a satellite office in Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States. We’re supported by a national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental providers. Simply put, together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our team members are selected for their dedication and mission - driven focus. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.SM
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $15.00 to $25.19. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: health information, electronic files, data entry, medical terminology, heath records, dental records, medical database, database management, technology, quality, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #rpo