Husch Blackwell, LLP is a full-service litigation and business law firm with multiple locations across the United States, serving clients with domestic and international operations. We have an immediate opening for a Litigation Paralegal in the Energy & Natural Resources Strategic Business Unit and our Commercial Litigation Practice Specialty Center in our Denver, Colorado office.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Litigation paralegal to provide assistance to attorneys in fact investigation, legal research, document preparation and productions, database management, docketing/case management and overall client service.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide assistance to attorneys in fact investigation, legal research, document preparation and production, database management, docketing/case management, and overall client service.
- Learn/develop technical proficiency in database use and management; internet/electronic research; and project folder/electronic file maintenance.
- Independently organize and manage files or delegate similar tasks to Paralegal Assistant.
- Prepare materials for and assist in preparation for depositions, hearings, and trials.
- Pre-trial preparation and trial attendance.
- Prepare draft pleadings and discovery.
- Assist with calendaring/docketing.
- Attend and participate in internal CLEs.
- Anticipate attorney needs.
- Serve as a mentor to a Paralegal Assistant, or more junior Paralegal, as needed.
- Engage in occasional interaction with clients.
- Stay informed of developments in Paralegal industry.
- Meet annual billable hour target of 1500.
- Perform other duties as required.
• Minimum of 4 years relevant experience.
• Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certificate preferred.
• Significant, substantive legal related experience may be considered in lieu of formal education at the discretion of the Managing Director.
OTHER DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Ability to interact in a professional and courteous manner with clients and employees at all times; professional appearance required.
• Ability to successfully perform position requirements with excellent organizational, time-management and prioritization skills required.
• Ability to work collaboratively within a team; ability and willingness to adapt to changing business demands.
• Ability to produce acceptable amount of work efficiently and accurately; ability to produce quality final work product.
• Ability to exercise good judgment at all times by making sound and practical decisions; ability to assume responsibility for decisions and act decisively under deadlines.
• High level of professional integrity required; ability to maintain confidentiality and build trust.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize workflow and manage time.
• Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel. Ability to build strong client relations by quickly responding to needs.
• Demonstrates reliability and delivers on commitments.
• Excellent communication, analytical, and organizational skills.
• Proven success working in a fast- paced, continually changing environment.
• Ability to independently handle all key duties without supervision of another Paralegal or Senior Paralegal.
• Communicates messages in a clear, concise, and confident manner, adapting to the needs and preferences of others.
• Ability to deliver superior service to all internal and external customers and communicate effectively.
The physical activity of this position:
• Reaching. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
• Pushing. Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
• Pulling. Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
• Fingering. Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling.
• Grasping. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
• Feeling. Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
• Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
• Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
• Repetitive Motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
The physical requirements of this position:
• Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
The visual acuity requirements including color, depth perception, and field vision:
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
The conditions the worker will be subject to in this position:
• The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Husch Blackwell is committed to maintaining the health and wellbeing of our people and our communities. As such, our Firm requires all Partners and employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit a negative COVID-19 test result weekly. This policy applies to all partners and employees, including those working from home/remotely. If an accommodation to this policy is needed, please inquire for more information.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with skill and experience. The full time base annual salary for this position is expected to range between $64,000 - $86,000. Bonus opportunities are non-guaranteed, and are dependent upon individual and firm performance. Full time employees receive benefits including: medical and dental coverage; life insurance; short-term and long-term disability insurance; pre-tax flexible spending account for certain medical and dependent care expenses; an employee assistance program; Paid Time Off; paid holidays; participation in a retirement plan program after meeting eligibility requirements; and more.
Husch Blackwell LLP is an equal opportunity employer. All of our firm’s recruiting, training and employment decisions are made in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws and without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, handicap, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.