DISH Business has experienced significant growth in the commercial B2B market over the past few years and expects to continue growing. While exciting, this adds complexity and challenges to our business. As a Manager, Product Management, you'll play a critical role in the continued growth of the DISH Business team. The product management team develop and support a variety of existing and new video and internet related technologies both hardware and software based. We're looking for someone who is experienced, intellectual, and willing to take initiative to learn about new products and technologies while collaborating with a cross-functional team to integrate those technologies into solutions that will define the future of Dish Business. If you like figuring out how products work and often ask how you can make products better or you are obsessed with improving the customer experience, then this role is for you!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
As a Senior Manager, Product Management, you will serve as the internal and external champion for the Commercial organization. In many ways, you'll be considered the business owner of your products and markets. You will manage a team of Product Managers and Product Specialists. The successful candidate will have a combination of customer and vendor focus, the ability to understand and work with technical engineering teams, and the ability to understand business drivers and help our business grow. Responsibilities of your team include setting the long-term strategic vision for the products in your portfolio, identifying new market needs based on market trends, defining user experiences, building new products, and maintaining existing product portfolio. The team you lead will spend time coordinating with cross functional teams within Dish as well as managing external vendors. You should be comfortable communicating within all areas of the company as well as with external partners and vendors. A desire to self-start projects and take initiative is a must.
The Senior Manager, Product Management will be responsible for the development and support of video products used to drive growth in Dish's Enterprise, Hospitality, Multi-Family, and Public/Private sector. This is a vital role in the ongoing development of DISH subscriber and revenue growth.
Key responsibilities include:
- Hire and develop a team of product leaders who will help define and evangelize the vision for your strategy with senior leadership.
- Train, develop, and hold team members accountable to key performance metrics
- Manage the business by monitoring and driving performance across established business metrics (subscribers, revenue, operations, etc.).
- Research, interpret and analyze current market and industry trends and competitive environment for the purpose of defining new portfolio of products and services and outlining a clear roadmap.
- Ownership of the planning, development, design, and implementation of assigned program or product launch across development teams (Manufacturing, IT, operations, retention, sales, marketing, customer support and fulfillment, etc.).
- Develop business plans to support roadmap recommendations to executive management including the launch of new features, products, benefits, options, and opportunities
- Contribute to the strategy of how DISH Commercial Services sells into referenced business lines.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify and explore ways to grow the business
- Support marketing, commercial sales and commercial operations
- Be a subject Matter Expert for areas of responsibility
- Research, interpret and analyze current market and industry trends and competitive environment to create DISH as the best in class provider
- Support vendor relationships to ensure road map requirements are met.
- Monitor product performance and stability and outline corrective measures as needed.
Skills, Experience and Requirements
A successful Senior Manager, Product Management will have the following:
- 5+ years of experience in a Product Management role
- Experience managing teams of product managers, business analysts, or program managers
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
- Ability to learn quickly, prioritize and work under pressure, adapt to a rapidly changing environment and demonstrate a sense of urgency
- A desire to research new technologies, creatively conceptualize new products that integrate those new technologies, and make it happen
- Ability to learn quickly, prioritize and work under pressure, and adapt to a rapidly changing environment and demonstrate a sense of urgency
- Exceptional analytical skills and ability to solve ambiguous problems and deliver results despite challenges
- Excellent communication, presentation, organizational and project management skills
- Knowledge of business principles as well as a technical acumen and ability to synthesize new technology concepts at a fast pace
- Able to breakdown complex problems into simple solutions focused on important customer needs
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, Customer Support, Finance or Marketing.
- Experience communicating and influencing cross-functional teams without direct authority
- Extreme curiosity and appetite for learning and growth
- Strong business acumen - Experience working with P&L data to drive growth
- Masters of Business Administration degree from an accredited University
Compensation: $100,000.00/Year - $143,750.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website .
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.