Do you have experience working with a Global Team? Do you have experience as a Line Manager in a complex corporate structure? We have an opening for a Tools Region Manager to provide the tools for construction and installation projects throughout the North, Central, and South Americas region.
Global Construction Management / Global Tools / Tools Region NCSA
The Global Tools team is the provider of various tools used for manufacturing, transportation, installation, and service of Wind Turbine Generator's (WTG) across the world. Over 400 different installation projects in 34 different countries have been provided with tools during 2020. The regional tools center 'Tools Region, NCSA' is one of six tool centers strategically positioned around the world. Tools Region, NCSA operates out of Denver, CO and are obliged to cover internal customers’ demands in the North, Central and South Americas region. The majority of the business volume is in the USA but there are constantly customers needed to be supported in the entire region. The tool center consists of 65 employees performing planning, purchasing, maintenance, calibration, pick/pack/ship, inventory control, quality handling, etc. of more than 5.000 unique items - many of them large specialized electromechanical tools used when e.g. installing a 190.000 pounds drivetrain into a Nacelle 540 feet into the air. The tool centers aim is to deliver tools to all installation projects at the right time to the right price with a high focus on safety. The tool centers are in close collaboration with Construction, Service, and Transport.
The Tools Manager Region is responsible for directing the execution and daily operations of the customer specific rental tools orders to various internal customers manufacturing, transporting, installing, and servicing WTG's within the tolerances and boundaries for safety, quality, time, and costs.
Primary tasks are divided within seven areas:
- Direct and supervise Safety improvements
- Ensure continuously high quality of order flow, products, and services
- Timely delivering of tools rental orders for internal customers in Vestas Production Business Units (PBU) and Sales Business Units (SBU)
- Cost current pricing and daily operations within prize structure and yearly budgets
- Global alignment, planning, and scoping of operational capacity towards yearly planned specific orders
- Leadership team skills & behavior, incl. competence development and successor planning
- Naturally motivator, leading by example and using generic 'toolbox' to ensure solid organic growth
- Below are typical, but not limited to, daily work tasks as a Manager in Global Tools:
- Daily operational management of one regional entity of a Global Tools Centre
- Stakeholder alignment and communication to continuously improve customer satisfaction
- Responsible for identifying, documenting, escalating, and mitigating project risks and translating them into business risks across Vesta's Value Chain
- Continuous improvement and process excellence through e.g. LEAN and Six Sigma methodology
- Budget control and creation according to yearly order forecasts and actual spends
- Asset and investments management during acquisitions or replacement of equipment
- Aligning, balancing and prioritizing requirements within order handling
- Ensure entity representation in Peer Reviews and Technical Reviews according to Vesta's modular development framework during the development of new tools for WTG's
- Able to gather, conclude and communicate on real field performance data
- Responsible for protecting Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) of Vesta's knowhow and products
- Collaboration with global functions such as Quality, Safety & Environment, Finance and Procurement
- Bachelor’s degree or above, major in Business Administration, Engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge in management tools e.g. People management, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Prince2, IPMA
- Professional communication skills in English both written and orally
- The capability of motivating and coaching others in daily work
- Open-minded and good at sharing/gathering information within a team
- Able to cope with change and working under ambiguous circumstances
- Professional social and communication skills, focusing on good teamwork
- Willing to travel
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience as a Line Manager in a well-established multi-national company. International experience in a global multicultural environment is a plus.
- Proven experience handling daily operations in a make-to-order environment and understanding the importance of high-quality order handling and deadlines.
- Good level skills in related IT systems within the area of employment. Proven proficiency in the following software:
- SAP (PE01) or equivalent ERP software.
- SAP Document Management System (DMS).
- ECM (Engineering Change Management).
- Microsoft Office
Target Pay Range:
$102,000 to 115,000 annually
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: Global bonus program, medical; dental; vision; Paid time off; 401(k) plan with company match; tuition assistance; HSA (Health Savings Account) with Company Contribution, FSA (Flexible Spending Account), and DCFSA (Dependent Care FSA), Voluntary Benefits (Pet Insurance, Legal Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, & more physical, mental, and financial wellness options) , Safety Programs (reimbursement for safety shoes and company provided safety glasses)
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
This position is located in Denver, Colorado
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.